Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop Spotify plays no sound.

Solved!

Desktop Spotify plays no sound.

My desktop version of Spotify (Free) doesn't play any sound anymore, neither in the ads nor the player itself, although the bar progresses as if there was music playing. Everything I get when clicking on Play is one very short high-pitched sound, and then the silence. Spotify webplayer on the other hand is doing just fine. I already tried to download the Spotify Setup, deinstall Spotify and then use the Setup to install again, but the Bug continues. What is happening?

Some information about what I've tried already:

-I have 2 pairs of headphones and tried both of them to see if Spotify has some trouble finding a headphone (one of my headphones is USB, the other normal headphone port), so I can canform it's not a problem of the headphones.

-Web player does fine, although the main reason I use Spotify desktop is fewer crashes and global hotkeys.

-I tried playing songs I have on my local drive but in a Spotify Playlist and ones that I have via Spotify Streaming, both don't work.

So... what next?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

FIXED IT: Razer Synapse muted Spotify, not the Windows Soundmixer. Hope this helps if anyone else uses Razer Synapse and experiences the same problem!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I know this is a really obvious soltion, but this has apparently solved the issue for a lot of other people.

Click the "speaker icon" at the bottom to the right and go into "Mixer" and mute then unmute spotify.

Let me know if it helps!

Marked as solution

FIXED IT: Razer Synapse muted Spotify, not the Windows Soundmixer. Hope this helps if anyone else uses Razer Synapse and experiences the same problem!

THANK YOU!!!

Suggested posts