Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play current song

Solved!

Can't play current song

File_000.jpeg

This keeps popping up for nearly every song I play. Sometimes the song pauses half way and this message appears. I've tried installing and re-installing spotify then restarting my computer but it didn't work. This makes spotify on pc virtually useless for me. I'm a premium user using windows 10 pc. Spotify works perfectly on my mobile device however. Solutions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have been having the same error message but it will allow for the songs to continue to play.  I have restarted my machine multipul times since the first message and that has not fixed the error message.  I have un-installed and re-installed the application on my iMac and still have the message. Grrrrr!!!  Just annoying to see the error. 

View solution in original post

19 Replies

I have the same problem after installing new version of Spotify. Worked fine before.

had the same problem until now.

the newest update fixed it for me.

What new update?

Prior to 1.0.24.104.g92a22684 i had no problems playing songs.

Hi all. @Gaby8, have you tried playing your music from other than your Songs folder? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Follow me: Google+ | Spotify | Spotify Community

I have that exact same version right now

Yes I have. Pretty much the same thing happens everytime. And yes, I have tried installing and re-installing. 

I have that problem too but it will only play partiular artists like I was trying to listen to my Fall Out Boy playlist but it wouldn't play any song but it will play 5 Seconds of Summer songs when I try playing those songs and it's only happened since my premium has run out and I installed the lastest update

this is happening mine can any one fix??????

@Gaby8 wrote:

File_000.jpeg

This keeps popping up for nearly every song I play. Sometimes the song pauses half way and this message appears. I've tried installing and re-installing spotify then restarting my computer but it didn't work. This makes spotify on pc virtually useless for me. I'm a premium user using windows 10 pc. Spotify works perfectly on my mobile device however. Solutions?

@Gaby8 wrote:

File_000.jpeg

Hi did this get fixed for you, cos now I have the same problem

No it's still the Same .... Blue band on top will not let me play ....
Wrecking my head as I'm paying for it!!!

Why is this marked as a solution? I don't see any solution at all!

I was having this exact same problem.  I plugged speakers into the headphone jack and it works now.  So strange.

I just updated the Linux client this morning and since then get this message for every song.

Fedora 23. Package: spotify-client-1.0.26.125.g64dc8bc6-1.fc23.x86_64

EDIT: this turned out to be an issue with alsa libraries being updated at the same time. A reboot of my machine fixed the issue.

I disabled hardware acceleration and reinstalled Spotify but what finally worked was restarting my PC

Marked as solution

I have been having the same error message but it will allow for the songs to continue to play.  I have restarted my machine multipul times since the first message and that has not fixed the error message.  I have un-installed and re-installed the application on my iMac and still have the message. Grrrrr!!!  Just annoying to see the error. 

There is no solution in this thread so marking it as such is misleading.

I have the same issue: Spotify will play one song and then stops, displaying the message, "Can't play the current song". It does this with virtually every song.

What's the actual solution?

15 comments on this issue and still not anwswer.  Spotify needs to get it together, solve the problem and not hid the answer.  I am about ready to dump my accont and spread the word to family and friends.

Nothing that I select plays.

Anyone have a solution?

Suggested posts