Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[1.0.17.75] DBus interface is not working properly

Solved!

[1.0.17.75] DBus interface is not working properly

after update from 0.9 i noticed what there are no any dbus endpoints provided by app and no any signals sent on any activities.

is that sorta bug or one more removed feature?

UPD:

Now it's possible to control playback status and get current track metadata.

But Spotify still don't send dbus signal on status change (like next track and so on) and it's not possible to get current playback status.

27 Replies

provided sp utility is awesome!

...but: the current implementation does not work with universal mpris controllers (for example kde built-in media controller) because the client does not broadcast changes in playback status or application availability, so the media controller does not know if spotify is open or not without polling (most of them do not do that)..

it would be even more awesome if this could be resolved 🙂 

Just tested again in version "1.0.16.104":

Now it's possible to control playback status and get current track metadata.

But Spotify still don't send dbus signal on status change (like next track and so on) and it's not possible to get current playback status.

updated to 1.0.17.75 — still the same

Same here on 1.0.17.75, looking forward to having PlaybackStatus back again.

Something else I noticed pre-1.01, OpenURI would start playing a track when you gave it a URI. This was handy for programmatically playing a track or playlist. Now it just shows the URI in the client, but there's no way to queue or play tracks, only control what is already playing.

Marked as solution

WOW, in 1.0.27 it's finally working

It looks like version 1.0.64.407.g9bd02c2d may have broken dbus support generating the following error:

Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.spotify was not provided by any .service files

could be some environment problem -- it's working fine for me on the same version/revision

Suggested posts