Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

32bit debian package missing

Solved!

32bit debian package missing

Hey guys

I just added the Repository to my 32bit 12.04 ubuntu. but i couldn't install spotify-client. So i took a little look around in the repo and the only files in there are 64bit ... i am 100% i had spotify installed on this machine before.

pls help me 😄

thanks and keep on rocking 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks MauriceMW

I followed your advice and send a direct request to the Spotify Team. Just to conclude my point here and close this topic.

With the current situation, I am dependend on other offers that either have a webclient or a working 32bit Linux Client. I would hate to leave Spotify since I really like what you guys offer. But at the same time its just a matter of time till I have setup/found another system that works in a way that i dont need spotify anymore. And once I am setup there its unlikely I will come back.

Hope you guys, understand where i am coming from.

Hopefully till very soon.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Premium user here. I KNOW that I had Spotify installed on a 32-bit Linux computer earlier this month, and after much searching....

Old version of the 32-bit version can be found here:

View solution in original post

20 Replies

According to the announcement here, they haven't released a 32bit version, sorry Smiley Indifferent

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

very very strange ... this is a 32bit latop which had linux mint installed and i am sure i didnt do anything special to get spotify running but now nothing ... Mysterious

In that same linked thread, they said there would be a 32bit made eventually if they have time.

If I remember correctly
MattSudaSpotify Star

Just got around to reading it all. 

Well I am a little disappointed, creating a 32bit package shouldnt be a problem when you have the tools to create the 64bit version.

Maybe someone could get this done.

Many thanks to whom ever answeres my cries for help 😄

I'm afraid that can't be easily done. You can always ask the staff for it via an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can help you.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Marked as solution

Thanks MauriceMW

I followed your advice and send a direct request to the Spotify Team. Just to conclude my point here and close this topic.

With the current situation, I am dependend on other offers that either have a webclient or a working 32bit Linux Client. I would hate to leave Spotify since I really like what you guys offer. But at the same time its just a matter of time till I have setup/found another system that works in a way that i dont need spotify anymore. And once I am setup there its unlikely I will come back.

Hope you guys, understand where i am coming from.

Hopefully till very soon.

Sucks for people who actually paid for premium

you know some people just want to make use of their old 32-bit machines and this is one of the best ways to use it.

Please get the 32-bit version back...no reason to remove it.

Mods delete please!

Marked as solution

Premium user here. I KNOW that I had Spotify installed on a 32-bit Linux computer earlier this month, and after much searching....

Old version of the 32-bit version can be found here:

chriswcs....you sir are Legendary.

hope this link stays alive for everyone else who needs it.

i'm gonna take on the task of proliferating it to the other forums to champion the cause of the helpless i386-ers

Thank you very much!!! 😄

thank you chriswcs!

Spotify deveps please upload again to the repository the 32bit version...

we are paying for it....

How can this be that there is no 32bits version WHEN I RUN ONE?? 😄 😄

Hey,

I read your post and was following your link, but it isn't available anymore. Since I also have problems installing spotify on my 32-bit maschine I would be very grateful if you could upload  it again 🙂

Kind Regards

Vanessa

whats your email? I have a copy i can send probably

Hi, you can download 32-bit version of the spotify 0.9.4 from this link: http://packages.bodhilinux.com/bodhi/pool/stable/s/spotify/spotify-client_0.9.4.183.g644e24e.428-1_i...

I have the newest 1.0 version on my 32bits Linux. No need for the old
version 😛

But 1.0 version causes problems on some computers, mine is included; beacuse of this some people need older version. Hope to see 1.0 version to get more stable.

Suggested posts