Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't play Local files in Spotify Linux (Manjaro 64bit)

Solved!

Can't play Local files in Spotify Linux (Manjaro 64bit)

Hi! I've seen several post regarding this issue but non of them applies to my problem. I'm using Manjaro Linux (Archlinux based distro), ffmpeg-full package for audio (on AUR) and I'm not able to play Local files. When I click "play", nothing happens literally, I'm attaching a screenshot of a Linux terminal while executing Spotify and playing a local file.

I'd really appreciate any kind of help, thanks in advance, greetings to the team from Argentina!

snap2.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Being more specific, I ran

yaourt -Syy spotify

pacman -S openssl  (I had some problems with libssl)

yaourt -Sdd spotify (I guess this line should do the magic)

Thanks @Dreadlord for your assistance.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hello @miguedrive and welcome to Spotify Community! : )

Can you please confirm what version of Spotify you are currently running?

Hello @Dreadlord, thank you for reply, I'm using Version 0.9.17.8.gd06432d7.

I've tried to debug, but as you see on the screenshot, nothing appears on terminal. Is there a /var/log/spotify log? Haven't check that though. 

Well, thanks again!

Hello @miguedrive,

I would suggest you to install one of the latest versions. They come up with ffmpeg build in the package.

You can install it via yaourt  ( if you already have yaourt installed, you can skip the first line ) 

sudo pacman -S yaourt
yaourt spotify

20 aur/spotify-beta 1.0.14.124-2

You can also install it from the .deb package using dpkg ( If you already have dpkg installed, you can skip the first line )

For 64-bit OS :

yaourt dpkg
wget http://repository.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify-client/spotify-client_1.0.14.124.g4dfabc51_amd64.deb
dpkg -i spotify-client_1.0.14.124.g4dfabc51_amd64.deb

For 32-bit OS : 

yaourt dpkg
wget http://repository.spotify.com/pool/non-free/s/spotify-client/spotify-client_1.0.14.122.gf29d9be0_i386.deb
dpkg -i spotify-client_1.0.14.122.gf29d9be0_i386.deb

You should be able to play the local files without any issues with the latest version.

If you have any questions or concerns, let me know! 

I'm updating AUR repos again, I can't see the new version, just the same that I currently have right now. Dpkg asked me to install several dependencies which are related to debian-based systems I guess. Will try with yaourt and will let you know, thanks again @Dreadlord

Full upgrade did the trick, solved.

Marked as solution

Being more specific, I ran

yaourt -Syy spotify

pacman -S openssl  (I had some problems with libssl)

yaourt -Sdd spotify (I guess this line should do the magic)

Thanks @Dreadlord for your assistance.

Suggested posts