Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I remove an artist, song or playlist from what I see in "Recently Played?"

Solved!

How can I remove an artist, song or playlist from what I see in "Recently Played?"

I am playing Spotify on my Linux Mint desktop and I have a similar-named artist I clicked on.  I briefly played something and it was not anything I want.  There are 3 dots for more options, but all I can do is go to the artist's radio, follow, report or share.  Can I edit this list to remove an unwanted artist or playlist?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

When I select the same three dots menu from an entry on Recently Played, I have an option to "Remove from Recently Played"

I'm on OpenSUSE 15.1 using the Spotify snap 1.1.10.546.ge08ef575-19

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

When I select the same three dots menu from an entry on Recently Played, I have an option to "Remove from Recently Played"

I'm on OpenSUSE 15.1 using the Spotify snap 1.1.10.546.ge08ef575-19

I am using the same version version, 1.1.10.546.ge08ef575, but missing "snap" and the last "-19" found in your version. I did see a "snap" version in my repository. I shall investigate the snap and see what happens.

You responded a month ago but I have had problems with getting past the captcha to post anything. Thank you for your answer; if I happen to upgrade to the snap version then mine may work as yours does!

Thank you for your solution.  It's been over a year since I've checked this board and when I saw your answer, I went to Recently Played and the 3 dots  there do allow me to remove the entry from Recently Played.  I wonder if I was looking at the 3 dots alongside the played song if you click on the Recently Played icon and list the music.....

Thank you!

Suggested posts