Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

If at all possible, please build a newer version for i386

Solved!

If at all possible, please build a newer version for i386

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Beomaster 5

Operating System

Debian 10

My Question or Issue

Hey, 

I know this is a very niche issue, but I do pay my Premium same as everyone else 🙂

I'm working on a project whereby I'm reverse-engineering the Bang&Olufsen Beomaster 5, for which Spotify support was dropped a while back. My system is based on using a normal Spotify desktop running in the background. Unfortunately, after upgrading to Debian 10, I discovered that the Spotify client cannot run anymore, as it has outdated dependencies.

Is there any chance that anyone at Spotify might bring the i386 version up to date, so that I will be able to run it on a more contemporaneous version of Debian?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Never mind. I worked around this using LD_PRELOAD 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Never mind. I worked around this using LD_PRELOAD 🙂

Please, could you completely write your solution?

I have spotify on USB-stick switching between old desktop (I suspect i386) and MacBook Pro (x86_64). Hassle started when I tried to play local files, it depends on codec files like libavcodec.so.54 with origin from ubuntu. So thats all x86_64, right? Local files I can only play so far with Ubuntu 16.04. Xenial so mostly solutions from here are working. The other is Debian 10 Buster XFCE also 64bit. Both tests with live-systems so I had not touch my casual used system.

Thanks

Hello, I'm also encountering the issue of playing local files on the i386 version of Spotify. Can you please explain how you were able to get it working? My local files are added to Spotify, but they are all unable to be played.

Suggested posts