Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Linux Client, 0.9.11.27]: Scrolling on artist page stops playback

Solved!

[Linux Client, 0.9.11.27]: Scrolling on artist page stops playback

I have a problem with the linux client (0.9.11.27g2b1a638c):

Sometimes when scrolling on an artist page, the playback of the current track is stopped and another track (of the same artist) gets selected as the track to be played next.

I located some circumstances the problem occurs for me:

1. I'm using the view, where all tracks of the artist's albums are listed
  2. it only seems to happen, when something has to be loaded on the artist page
  3. It seems to be more likely with a large artist page (probably because of 2.)
  4. it SEEMS that it only happens, when currently playing a track from the artist whoose artist page is viewed
  5. Yet it happens when playing one of the popular tracks on the top of the page or one from some album.
  6. as soon as the whole artist page has been viewed once, it doesn't happen again (for this artist)
  7. after a restart of spotify, the problem occurs again (even for artist pages that were functional as described in 6.)
  8. It doesn't matter how I scroll on the artist page: It appeared when using the mouse wheel, the scrollbar and the arrow keys.

I'm using spotify on Ubuntu 14.04.01, Installed Spotify as described here: https://www.spotify.com/de/download/previews/

Steps to reproduce:

1. open spotify
  2. open any artist page
  3. switch to the list view for albums and singles
  4. restart spotify (close it completly and open it again)
  5. open a large artist page, but DO NOT scroll through it yet! (for example: Hans Zimmer, spotify:artist:0YC192cP3KPCRWx8zr8MfZ)
  6. start playback of the first popular track
  7. scroll to the bottom of the page

Can anyone confirm this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Looks like there is a new upcoming client for linux (still in beta) and hopefully it solves the issue:

https://twitter.com/felipernb/status/575669571044114432

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I get the same, on the same OS.

This bug occurs when playing a song on artist's page and scrolling to the new content. Note that the song not only stops, but right next song is chosen.

"1 person had this problem."
Had? I still have it. If this was resolved, then you could say 'had', spotify.

yes i have the same bug
kubuntu 14.10

I'm hitting the same problem. It seems to happen if I play a song in the view with all the songs from an artist and scroll down until the song goes out of focus.

It seems that the UI garbage-collects the albums out of focus and stops any songs that are playing from those albums. Also, if I scroll all the way down and, this way, pre-load all the albums for the said artist, this doesn't happen anymore. So the playback stop only when albums go out of focus while other albums are loaded.

I'm experiencing the same problem. Also with the Linux client. It is really annoying.

Same problem here and it's really annoying. Using Linux Mint 17.1 with Cinnamon 2.4.6. Spotify version 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c

Same problem with same spotify version as OP (0.9.11.27g2b1a638c).  Running Ubuntu 12.10 LTS.

Same thing here (on Linux). It's so annoying I'm trying workarounds. I think one that work, is that I will not start playback until I've scrolled to the end of the list (whatever I'm viewing / intending to play). When done, scroll to the point where I want to play, and start playing, and then *really* star browsing.

You may imagine this is annoying =D

I'm facing the same issue on Arch Linux.

Same problem on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Spotify 0.9.10.17.g4129e1c9.

Same here. Mint 17.1.

Marked as solution

Looks like there is a new upcoming client for linux (still in beta) and hopefully it solves the issue:

https://twitter.com/felipernb/status/575669571044114432

Suggested posts