Media Keys Don't Work

Re: Media Keys Don't Work

mexicano
Casual Listener

I have this problem too, in snap version on Ubuntu 18.04, used to works before

if it matters I'm using premium and version 1.0.93.242.gc2341a27.

RadthorDax

I no longer seem to have the old snap revision on my machine, and spotify wont let us outright specify a revision to install. Is there anything I can do to get hold of a working version?

4 people liked this

Rising Star 1 ArtGravity
Rising Star 1

The problem persists in snap 1.0.93.244.g1e3a05e7-18.

Reverting to snap 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea-5 restores functionality.

*Please* fix this regression so it stops breaking the media keys.

5 people liked this

gumbeto
Regular

Confirm.

I pay for spotify, surely others with the same problem do to, so could we please get a response from someone at Spotify?

navnav

I also had the same problem with a recent update, but I've just managed to fix it!

If you remove spotify via snap: 'snap remove spotify', and then install via apt-get (instructions here: https://www.spotify.com/uk/download/linux/) that fixes the media keys issue.

The version that was installed via apt-get, for me, was version 1.0.80.480.g51b03ac3.

With this solution, you won't enjoy the benefits of snap updating your software automatically, but TBH, I prefer it that way.

1 person liked this

Rising Star 1 ArtGravity
Rising Star 1

@navnav wrote:

If you remove spotify via snap: 'snap remove spotify', and then install via apt-get (instructions here: https://www.spotify.com/uk/download/linux/) that fixes the media keys issue.

That workaround installs an even older version of the application than the most recent one where the media keys still work (1.0.89.313.g34a58dea-5). Unfortunately it doesn't actually solve the problem of the media keys being broken in recent versions of the software.

Hopefully this issue exists in the dev team bug tracking system and is getting the attention it needs.

3 people liked this

Rising Star 1 ArtGravity
Rising Star 1

The snap updated to 1.0.94.262.g3d5c231c-9 and the media keys *still* don't work!

gumbeto
Regular

Unfortunately it looks like these forums are just a way to keep us talking to ourselves and pretend that's support

geca
Casual Listener

Just updated ubuntu 16.04 today and media keys stopped working... Been searching around for more than an hour until I found the thread. The installed version is 1.0.94.262.g3d5c231c-9

Could not find the previous .deb version, anyone knows where to find it? It's really bad not being able to use the media keys!

1 person liked this

valentin_neacsu
Casual Listener

I was able to download a copy of spotify-client_1.0.89.313.g34a58dea-5_amd64.deb (the last unaffected version) from one of the 2 below mirrors:

SUGGESTED POSTS