Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Segmentation fault on Arch Linux

Solved!

Segmentation fault on Arch Linux

Hi,

I am unable to use Spotify on Arch Linux because when I log in a segmentation fault appears in the console and spotify gets terminated.

1. Device and OS

DeepinScreenshot20160327235053.png

2. Type of account

I have a premium account

3. App version of Spotify

spotify 1.0.26.125-1 on AUR

4. Brief description of the issue

On login in the application, Spotify crashes with a segmentation fault error in the terminal. I have attempted the suggestions given in the troubleshooting thread (I can play sounds, my sound card is recognized, spotify is running on the preferred sound card).

5. Steps to reproduce the issue

- Completely remove the spotify config and cache directories:

rm ~/.config/spotify -r && rm ~/.cache/spotify -r

- Open the spotify application, either from an application launcher (dmenu in my case) or from the terminal itself (rxvt-unicode)

- Wait for the login screen to appear (2-3 seconds after the application appears)

- Enter login details and press enter

- The client turns completely grey and flickers a few close-together shades of grey after which it closes itself

- If spotify is launched from the terminal, the terminal shows a segmentation fault as the cause

There doesn't seem to be a trigger I can figure out that causes it. It worked earlier today and now it just doesn't.

Spotify-stable in the AUR seems to work, although it causes some pretty eye-straining visual glitches in the bottom of the screen.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Out of curoisity, have you tried following the instructions from this comment?

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/spotify/?comments=all#comment-537023

I was having issues with Spotify segfaulting, and still do anytime I update, I just always change my spotify launch arguments to:

LD_PRELOAD=libcurl.so.3 /usr/share/spotify/spotify --force-device-scale-factor=1.0000001 "$@"

Quote from the link:

so @c4software confirmed, force-device-scale-factor solves the problem.

$ which spotify
/usr/bin/spotify

$ cat /usr/bin/spotify 
#!/bin/sh
LD_PRELOAD=libcurl.so.3 /usr/share/spotify/spotify --force-device-scale-factor=2 "$@"

adjust =2 with =1.0000001 if you're not on HiDPi and enjoy Spotify ;-)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I have the same issue, same dump, on the same version and operating system.

Sry i didn't see the "me too" button before posting.

Marked as solution

Out of curoisity, have you tried following the instructions from this comment?

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/spotify/?comments=all#comment-537023

I was having issues with Spotify segfaulting, and still do anytime I update, I just always change my spotify launch arguments to:

LD_PRELOAD=libcurl.so.3 /usr/share/spotify/spotify --force-device-scale-factor=1.0000001 "$@"

Quote from the link:

so @c4software confirmed, force-device-scale-factor solves the problem.

$ which spotify
/usr/bin/spotify

$ cat /usr/bin/spotify 
#!/bin/sh
LD_PRELOAD=libcurl.so.3 /usr/share/spotify/spotify --force-device-scale-factor=2 "$@"

adjust =2 with =1.0000001 if you're not on HiDPi and enjoy Spotify ;-)

I have the same problem, i reinstalled the pulseaudio package and fix it.

Check your audio driver.

This didn't work for me. Adding `--force-device-scale-factor=1.0000001` however, in /usr/bin/spotify did help

Suggested posts