Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect not working reliable on Denon AVR via open-wrt router

Solved!

Spotify connect not working reliable on Denon AVR via open-wrt router

I have a Denon receiver (AVR-x1200w) to which Android and iOS devices connect. Initially I tried to connect over my wifi access point then via a switch to the receiver. Did not work. I have open-wrt on the access point. Finally removed the wire connection to the receiver, I.e. receiver and mobile devices are now in the same wifi. That works too some extend, but not stable. Probably because besides the access point there is also the wifi router (running open-wrt, too). So once the mobile devices connect to the router they use a different channel than the Denon and I assume that is when the Denon becomes invisible. So I would also appreciate any hint on which protocol I need to enable on my open-wrt devices. Just for the record... All within the same IP subnet 192.168.1.x

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Problem was that the mdns/avahi/bonjour packets were not passed through my on my open-wrt router

After installing the respective open-wrt packages:

avahi-daemon-service-http
avahi-daemon-service-ssh
avahi-nodbus-daemon
libavahi-nodbus-support

It works now.

Crucial is that the Spotify-Connect device is visible. On e.g. an Ubuntu system that can be checked by

$ avahi-browse -at | grep spotify
+ eth0 IPv4 eDMP32MB_625118 _spotify-connect._tcp local

I meanwhile switched from open-wrt to lede-project, the same applies for lede.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Problem was that the mdns/avahi/bonjour packets were not passed through my on my open-wrt router

After installing the respective open-wrt packages:

avahi-daemon-service-http
avahi-daemon-service-ssh
avahi-nodbus-daemon
libavahi-nodbus-support

It works now.

Crucial is that the Spotify-Connect device is visible. On e.g. an Ubuntu system that can be checked by

$ avahi-browse -at | grep spotify
+ eth0 IPv4 eDMP32MB_625118 _spotify-connect._tcp local

I meanwhile switched from open-wrt to lede-project, the same applies for lede.

Suggested posts