I have been using Spotify on Ubuntu for a while and it has always been great. I switched to from Gnome to KDE yesterday and have had nothing but problems with Spotify. All the problems I will detail do not occur if I open Ubuntu in the Gnome shell. All problems occur exclusively in the KDE shell.
I have uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled all available ways:
- Snap Install (Current install)
- Apt install (BTW your repository keys detailed in your install guide are expired)
Desktop (AMD 64)
Kubuntu 19.04 (Ubuntu KDE)
KDE Framework 5.56.0
My Question or Issue
1. Spotify takes 20-30 seconds to reflect a pause/play change. This is in both sound and UI.
2. Spotify continues music after being closed. To stop music playback I have to manually kill all Spotify processes.
3. Spotify does not recognize keyboard pause/play, forward, and backward buttons.
4. When clicking the forward button there is about a 60-70% chance nothing happens.
5. When clinking the backward button there is about an 80-90% chance nothing happens.