What's wrong with 1.1.42.622.gbd112320? it is almost impossible to start, it is serious and not work

Highlighted

Re: What's wrong with 1.1.42.622.gbd112320? it is almost impossible to start, it is serious and not

Visitor

Thanks to everyone pointing at the NetworkManager connectivity test somehow being involved.

Ironically for me on Debian Testing it looks like installing the `network-manager-config-connectivity-debian` package solved my issues.

I'm not running Gnome nor KDE, but do use NetworkManager to connect to my workplace's VPN.

Highlighted

Re: What's wrong with 1.1.42.622.gbd112320? it is almost impossible to start, it is serious and not

Seems that newest linux spotify client checks online status reported by network manager. This status can be separately checked with "nm-online" tool. If tool reports [online] then spotify app works. If it reports [offline] then spotify "blindly" says offline (despite connection working perfectly).

There can be many reasons why NetworkManager thinks connection is offline. Seems that the majority of people here have problems with connectivity check. My problem was that connections were not managed by network manager, but by separate tool (netplan).

Hopefully linux desktop app will be changed back to ignore connection status reported by network manager.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

The solutions listed here won't work for anyone that isn't using NetworkManager.

So connection managed by netplan or ppp will always show as offline. Those two work in the older version of Spotify.

SUGGESTED POSTS