Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Linux)

Discuss Spotify for Linux

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent Linux client update changes

Hey! There has been an update to the Spotify Linux client signatures.Users may see errors linked to missing keys and failed signature verifications for Spotify when updating the system. If this happens to you, this can be fixed by manually adding the...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! [Troubleshooting] Linux Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before.So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Basic troubleshooting Go through th...

• Community Legend
  • sleeksorrow
  • Roadie
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Linux
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes

"set the same volume level for all tracks" gone?

Hey guys, is it true that with the newest version you can't turn off the "set the same volume level for all tracks" thing? I mean, I can see that it's gone.. I just can't figure out whether it is permanently ON or whether Spotify ditched this functio...

• Visitor
  • Hey guys, is it true that with the newest version you can't turn off the "set the same volume level for all tracks" thing?   I mean, I can see that it's gone.. I just can't figure out whethe...
  • gigq
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Activity API

The Spotify activity API or the clients consuming it are extremely buggy. I could do some technical investigation and file a real bug (and would) if you provided access to something useful like your company JIRA. I'd would very much like to see this ...

• Music Fan
  • The Spotify activity API or the clients consuming it are extremely buggy. I could do some technical investigation and file a real bug (and would) if you provided access to something useful like your ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Should we alert the media?

For some reason, no tech sites have picked up on all the problems with the new desktop version? How can we raise awareness about this, since Spotify won't say anything? If it blows up, they would have to respond somehow. I think releasing an unfinish...

• Roadie
  • For some reason, no tech sites have picked up on all the problems with the new desktop version? How can we raise awareness about this, since Spotify won't say anything? If it blows up, they would hav...
  • ruccola
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Unknown icon on Spotify 0.9.17 for Linux

Hi. Spotify for Linux got updated a few days ago to version 0.9.17. Since then, the icon I'm pointing at with the red arrow in the picture has appeared. What is it please? Thanks.

• Music Fan
  • Hi.  Spotify for Linux got updated a few days ago to version 0.9.17.  Since then, the icon I'm pointing at with the red arrow in the picture has appeared.  What is it please? &nb...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop Complaining! Be Happy!

This will probably be removed but I don't care. Listen, you all need to stop with your stupid complaining and crying all the time, truth is they will probably never get it perfect but guess what? Who cares!! You all should be lucky Spotify even exist...

• Gig Goer
  • This will probably be removed but I don't care.   Listen, you all need to stop with your stupid complaining and crying all the time, truth is they will probably never get it perfect but guess ...
  • Grazzt
  • Roadie
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Are "Apps" coming back?

I used to use the Pitchfork and MusixMatch apps all the time (to name a few). Are the apps coming back?

• Casual Listener
  • I used to use the Pitchfork and MusixMatch apps all the time (to name a few).   Are the apps coming back?
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Overflow since last update on Linux

Hi all, Since the last update 3 days ago, everytime I user spotifcy desktop on my linux computer, after multiple hours of work without issues, my computer freezes. According to my RAM-monitor, the memory is completely FULL. Obviously I am not only li...

• Hi all,   Since the last update 3 days ago, everytime I user spotifcy desktop on my linux computer, after multiple hours of work without issues, my computer freezes. According to my RAM-monito...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

It's obvious.. I think Spotify wants us to start using Tidal now

There can't be any other reason than Spotify wanting it's user to jump ship to another streaming service and guess what, Jay-Z is leading the way with his new service TIDAL .. check it out here, looks like it launched last fall but now is getting a b...

• Music Fan
  • There can't be any other reason than Spotify wanting it's user to jump ship to another streaming service and guess what, Jay-Z is leading the way with his new service TIDAL .. check it out here,...
  • LosingThisUser
  • Music Fan
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [ubuntu/bug] Songs keep changing on certain mouse actions

I'm running spotify on ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS trusty and I keep having problems with my songs skipping on certain mouse actions. When I play a song from an artist page or playlist, scrolling with my touchpad to look at other albums changes to random song...

• I'm running spotify on ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS trusty and I keep having problems with my songs skipping on certain mouse actions. When I play a song from an artist page or playlist, scrolling with my touc...
  • CountBabula
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist does not play while other playlists are "loading"

One of my playlists (my main playlist called "recently listened") is not playing. Whenever I start a song by double click nothing happens whatsoever (multiboot system, neither works under linux nor under windows, nor at my work-desktop pc, webplayer ...

• Casual Listener
  • One of my playlists (my main playlist called "recently listened") is not playing. Whenever I start a song by double click nothing happens whatsoever (multiboot system, neither works under linux nor u...
  • Hoschinsky
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Solved][Bug] Search bar not appearing

In previous versions Pressing [Ctrl] + [F] would allow you to search your playlist. Some how it is now broken and no longer works. Please fix.

• Regular
  • In previous versions Pressing [Ctrl] + [F] would allow you to search your playlist.  Some how it is now broken and no longer works.  Please fix.
  • Soundofus
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Bye Spotify, hello Tidal!

Since you stupid developers wont fix any of the complaints, im saying goodbye to you! F*ck this BS.

• Regular
  • Since you stupid developers wont fix any of the complaints, im saying goodbye to you! F*ck this BS.
  • boxeegrrrl
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

Pressing Play in Album Immediate Stops Advertisement (Ubuntu 14.04 Linux Preview)

I'd just like to make a post about bug I recently discovered in Spotify. I am currently running Ubuntu 14.04 with the Free Spotify Linux Preview. The Linux Preview can be installed on Debian-based platforms by following the instructions in this link:...

• I'd just like to make a post about bug I recently discovered in Spotify.   I am currently running Ubuntu 14.04 with the Free Spotify Linux Preview. The Linux Preview can be installed on Debian...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Failed loading skin" error on Ubuntu GNOME 13.04

Since the spotify-client package upgraded to version 0.9.4.183.g644e24e.428-1, I've been unable to launch the desktop client. On launch, there is a dialog with a title of "Message" that says "Failed loading skin". When I run the spotify command in a ...

• Regular
  • Since the spotify-client package upgraded to version 0.9.4.183.g644e24e.428-1, I've been unable to launch the desktop client.  On launch, there is a dialog with a title of "Message" that says "F...
  • irvingvladimir
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

The Spotify Evolution

The latest Spotify desktop client version is completely useless. Nothing else but a catastrophy for me as an active user. With this quick progress of killing functional, useful and great features – requiring the Spotify community to request them back...

• Roadie
  • The latest Spotify desktop client version is completely useless. Nothing else but a catastrophy for me as an active user.   With this quick progress of killing functional, useful and grea...
  • NamisaTheWitch
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! New Song Number notification Feature for Playlists Removed? :(

Hey there everyone, so far im digging the new update and its new functionality.However, i have become very, very disheartened to discover that my most favorite feature about spotify( which involves the convienience of a massive playlist collection th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there everyone, so far im digging the new update and its new functionality. However, i have become very, very disheartened to discover that my most favorite feature about spotify( which involv...
  • keynjak
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't open Spotify on Elementary OS (Linux).

I finnally got Spotify installed on my laptop with Elementary OS but it doesn't quite work. When I start it up nothing happens, at all. I've scoured multiple threads and forum posts to no avail but I did manage to find the error by starting it within...

• Visitor
  • I finnally got Spotify installed on my laptop with Elementary OS but it doesn't quite work. When I start it up nothing happens, at all. I've scoured multiple threads and forum posts to no avail but I...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Spotify Is worse

Hey, as a premium spotify user I'm pretty disappointed with the new spotify program. Can't search your music playlists anymore? (I don't want to search all music in the spotify database always) I love combining playlists with different styles in maps...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,   as a premium spotify user I'm pretty disappointed with the new spotify program.    Can't search your music playlists anymore? (I don't want to search all music in the sp...
  • Grazzt
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes

i can't save Albums or titles

I am a premium user and wherever i try to save an Album. Spotify doesn't save this. I have Windows, Linux and Android devices.

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium user and wherever i try to save an Album. Spotify doesn't save this. I have Windows, Linux and Android devices.
  • dxoxsx
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest version of Spotify for Linux is completely broken

The latest version of Spotify for Linux is completely broken and useless on my machine. When I try to start it up, I get a message that says "Failed loading skin", launching it from the terminal, I get this:coltondrg@rainbowdash:~$ spotify 10:34:26.2...

• Regular
  • The latest version of Spotify for Linux is completely broken and useless on my machine. When I try to start it up, I get a message that says "Failed loading skin", launching it from the terminal, I g...
  • acqua51
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes