Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Study/work auto time limits

Solved!

Study/work auto time limits

Hi Spotify, just an idea, how about adding a function to set automatic time limits to your music playfeed?

This could just be so that you can leave spotify playing and make sure it turns off if you go out or go to sleep.

However, more usefully you could add a feature similar to some of the apps out there (that I won't name) specifically for working/studying or even working out.

Basically you set a time limit (45mins/60mins/90mins), play from a playlist/album/etc and at the end of that time limit, your music automatically stops, maybe with a gentle bell or something at the beginning and end. You could set the timer and then close spotify and focus on your work with no distractions and then at the end of the time limit take a break. Or work out furiously without checking the clock.

You might even be able to set 5 minute cool down/break playlists that spotify automatically plays from at the end of your 30/45/60/90minute block?

I know you could arrange special playlists for this, or set your own alarm, but this would be a simple but useful feature to help with focusing.

Cheers,
Emma.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sounds like an interesting concept! If you would like to see if included in the next Spotify, I would suggest you post it over on the Ideas Exchange for review:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Sounds like an interesting concept! If you would like to see if included in the next Spotify, I would suggest you post it over on the Ideas Exchange for review:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/idb-p/ideaexchange

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts