Premium

Country

DE

Device

PC (Linux)

Operating System

Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia x86_64 with kernel version 5.4.0-74-generic

My Question or Issue

Since today I am just getting a popup saying "Something went wrong Try reloading the page" when opening the program.

As per the other questions about this message, I have reinstalled the package and verified that there is nothing messing with resolving hostnames containing "spotify" in my hosts file or elsewhere.

The webapp is working, so this is not an internet issue.

I currently do not have access to a different PC to verify this issue with but running the Windows version from a VM works so this seems to be version-specific.

Something that may or may not be related:

For a few months - maybe half a year or so - now there have been excessive instances of spotify complaining that it "isn't connected to the internet" and only playing songs already downloaded to my PC when in fact I am still connected and can play everything from the webapp just fine.

(Actually, now that I think about it this one also goes for my Windows box, not just the Linux one I am currently trying to use so maybe it is unrelated after all)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Since the message has gone away now and I can play music again I am going to assume that this was connected to yesterday's general issues, even though it wasn't a problem that was mentioned anywhere in that context.

So this ticket can be closed (I don't see an option to mark as "solved" or something myself).

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Since the message has gone away now and I can play music again I am going to assume that this was connected to yesterday's general issues, even though it wasn't a problem that was mentioned anywhere in that context.

So this ticket can be closed (I don't see an option to mark as "solved" or something myself).

I have updated my Spotify on my laptop but, when I'm login the page say's "something when wrong, try to reload this page"

Screenshot (58).png

same issue with mac os... somebody gonna help?

I fixed it by killing all the processes related to spotify and restarting spotify.

This fixed the problem for me on Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon. Thank you 😁

I have the same problem on Fedora 36. Funny thing is that it DOES produce notifications when the next song starts playing on the android while the error shows, so it cannot claim there is no network! I killed all processes matching 'spotify' (pgrep spotify | xargs kill), but the problem persists.

rpm -q spotify-client
spotify-client-1.1.56.595-1.fc34.x86_64

sudo dnf update spotify-client
[sudo] password for ronald:
Last metadata expiration check: 2:47:09 ago on Sat 13 May 2023 10:35:36 AM CEST.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

OK, it turns out my spotify client was too old. Great error message "something went wrong" that points me to the fact my client is too old, spotify! Well done! And the suggestion to try reloading the page is also a helpful hint!

Turns out I installed the spotify app in the FC34 era using lpf (local package factory). I needed to do lpf update spotify instead of just dnf update to get the new version. Now it works again.

Suggested posts