Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[ubuntu/bug] Songs keep changing on certain mouse actions

Solved!

[ubuntu/bug] Songs keep changing on certain mouse actions

I'm running spotify on ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS trusty and I keep having problems with my songs skipping on certain mouse actions. When I play a song from an artist page or playlist, scrolling with my touchpad to look at other albums changes to random songs from that playlist or artist. Also, when using radio, clicking the thumbs up button skips to the next song, same as thumbs down (which is supposed to happen for thumbs down). I've tried tweeking my touchpad settings, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I've also tried reinstalling spotify and that also didn't work. Has anyone else been experiencing these problems? Potential fixes? Because it is driving me crazy when my songs keep skipping for no good reason.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I don't make any promised about how this will work for others, but in Ubuntu 14.04 (with unity), I managed to fix this problem by performing the following steps in the terminal:

1. Completely removing spotify:
$ sudo apt-get purge spotify*

2. Re-installing spotify:

$ sudo apt-get install spotify-client

3. Installing the spotify-client-gnome-support package.

$ sudo apt-get install spotify-client-gnome-support

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I know this post is over a month old but I just wanted to say I'm having the exact same problems on ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS. No idea how to fix it though, sorry.

I'm having the same problem right now, and it's pretty much making spotify unusable.

Marked as solution

I don't make any promised about how this will work for others, but in Ubuntu 14.04 (with unity), I managed to fix this problem by performing the following steps in the terminal:

1. Completely removing spotify:
$ sudo apt-get purge spotify*

2. Re-installing spotify:

$ sudo apt-get install spotify-client

3. Installing the spotify-client-gnome-support package.

$ sudo apt-get install spotify-client-gnome-support

This worked, thank you!

Suggested posts