Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists that I have Disliked in my Release Radar, still appear in next weeks Release Radar

Artists that I have Disliked in my Release Radar, still appear in next weeks Release Radar

Spotify Premium

South Africa

Macbook Pro

MacOS Mojave

I'm not sure why Spotify gives you the option to "Hide This Song/Artist" in your release radar if they just appear again next week.
There are artists that I no longer wish to see in my Playlists, and yet every week I go through the same merri-go-round of "I don't like this Artist" and Spotify saying "Got it. From now on we won't put this artist in Release Radar"

18th October 2019

Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 2.53.34 PM.PNG

25th October 2019

Screenshot 2019-10-25 at 9.32.40 AM.PNG

3 Replies

Hi,

It would be easier if you go to the Artist homepage and click the 3 dots onthe right top corner, and select "don't play this artist". Music from the artist you select won't play again in your Spotify, not just the Release Radar. The only catch is that this only works from iOS, which means you can't do it from Android or your computer desktop app.

Hope this was helful!

Niven Maberic

@NivenMaberic wrote:

Hi,

It would be easier if you go to the Artist homepage and click the 3 dots onthe right top corner, and select "don't play this artist". Music from the artist you select won't play again in your Spotify, not just the Release Radar. The only catch is that this only works from iOS, which means you can't do it from Android or your computer desktop app.

Hope this was helful!

Niven Maberic

I don't want to unfollow the specified Artists, I just don't want their music to show up in my Release Radar. I listen to their old music, not their new music.

I also do not own an iOS device, I only have Spotify on my Desktop as well as on my Android phone. So thank you for your solution, but I feel like Spotify should just update their Algorithm to not include music you specifically have said "I don't want to hear this artist".
Why have the option if it doesn't work?

Having the same problem here. Same every single week. Pointless even clicking it.

Suggested posts