Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring back clicking on album art to jump to where the song is playing from (desktop)

Bring back clicking on album art to jump to where the song is playing from (desktop)

Normally, clicking on the album art should direct you to the song since version 1.0.5.
If that does NOT work for you: Start a playlist and post the following information so we can check it out further:

1. OS (Mac, Windows)
  2. Spotify Version (Menu => Help => About Spotify)
  3. Hardware Acceleration enabled in settings (yes/no)
  4. What happens when you click the bottom left album art?

UPDATE:

With the new 1.0.5 update this should work again.

Original text:

Before today's 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd update, you could click on the album art to go to where the song is playing.

For example, if I'm playing "Pirate Hooker" by Zomboy, it would jump to the playlist, and scroll down to the current song and highlight it.

If I would like to play more songs from Zomboy, that I have in the same playlist, I could sort the playlist by artist, and then click on the album art in order til get to those songs. In the new update, you have to scroll manually to the songs. I have a single playlist with all the music that I like (almost 3000 songs atm), and when I use the scroll bar, the list just 1-2 screens in one pixel.

In the new update, all clicking on the album art does is going to the playlist, radio station search query. It does not scroll to where the item is.

I really don't like what you are doing with the desktop client. First, you increase the distance between lines, making it harder to browser long lists, then you **bleep** up the activity feed and remove apps, and now this? And also you are making buttons bigger, allthewhile making text (especially timestamps) smaller. I believe you should listen to this community, and not just put all ideas on "Not right now". A very small fraction of your user base actually gets here to make suggestions and/or complain, but that does not mean there are others who share their opinion. Although the client looks much better that it has ever done, with its "modern" UI elements and design language, it does not matter at all to me if the funcionality is worse than in the elder versions of the client. You have to go back, in order to go forward.

Thanks,

Truls Bekk

101 Replies

I see they updated the program again today YET STILL CANNOT CLICK ON ALBUM ART AND GOTO THE SONG IN MY PLAYLIST.  Spotify developers are missing the boat on one of the most important features that they used to have.......  DAMNIT SPOTIFY....bring the feature back

WAY TO GO ON ADDRESSING THE NEEDS OF YOUR PAYING MEMBERS IN THE NEWEST UPDATE.. I do not think that Spotify cares if we get the feature back or not

I see they updated the program again today YET STILL CANNOT CLICK ON ALBUM ART AND GOTO THE SONG IN MY PLAYLIST.  Spotify developers are missing the boat on one of the most important features that they used to have.......  DAMNIT SPOTIFY....bring the feature back

They won't fix it because they have forgotten about their users and only focuse on money now

It sure seems that way. Not being able to jump to the current track is just plain stupid. If someone wants to remove a song from a playlist on shuffle, they now have to scroll to the top, change to "sort by name", scroll through thousands of songs. 

Another obvious mistep in this latest release is the inability to see if a track has already been added to a playlist or not. It use to grey out the playlists a song was already in...now there is no way to tell. Spotify... here's a thought...start paying attention to your customer's requests. Otherwise you're going to lose any loyalty to your product. 

I just believe that the "smartest" solution here, would be simply revert, this stupid "new update" only brought problems, headaches, pain for the users, and a big ETC.

What the community recommends? (as I have seen in, like, idk, ~50 posts) Just bring the old version back, it worked fine for listening music, add that nonsense button for "streaming into another device" and don't touch it until you make the actual version "good".

Releasing a new version with bugs... yeez....

Don't you guys have a preview branch or a "test group of users"? I'm sure there's a goddamn**bleep** a lot of people with free time and a lot of willing to criticize a buged software.
I hope I can add again songs to a playlist without screaming to the screen and blaming the money I pay month to month.
And I should recall the fact that Tidal is around the corner, and there's a lot of consumers.

And also, it's been a month with all this "in a future release", really... I mean, the last post from meredith was three weeks ago....

Agreed with all the above. This makes managing large playlists very difficult if you want to remove a track that is currently playing.

Please resolve.

hazhaahahahaahahah, you obviously have no clue as to the direction "spotify" is heading. hahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahaha……

That sure is a lot of hahahahahas. You have a strange sense of humor. 

I miss it too! Please, change how it was.

I figured out how to fix it and a couple other bugs guys. Go to http://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/18852/ and install the last 0.9.x version of spotify. This should fix the clicking on song and the unable to add song to playlist issue.

I downloaded the link posted and apparently it's for windows only. Do you have a Mac download available?  I also just downloaded the most recent version and the click to song in playlist through album cover still does not work.  

Thanks

Hey...yeah, I'm on a Mac and have the latest version. I'm still unable to jump to the currently playing song. The Spotify team apparently doesn't care that this widely requested feature continues to be absent from their program. It's amazing to me that they don't see a need for this feature...I'd think they'd have user testing or want to actually listen to their customers. Instead, they just keep saying "yeah, this has been mentioned to our developers and should be included in the next update"....yet it never is. Oh well. 

It should literally take the devs a matter of minutes to fix it. Guess they just don't care about functionality.

Exactly. They had this feature before, so it wouldn't even require new coding. You'd think one of the developers over there would be a Spotify user and run into this dilema while listening to their Spotify collection. 

Why this is a necessary feature? For example: I'm listening to the Studio Brussel - De Eindafrekening - 1989-2014 list. This has 1000+ tracks, so obviously, I can't listen them in one go.

Unfortunately, the Spotify OS X client doesn't scroll along when you play the list. So it soon is unclear where you are on it.

There is no keyboard shortcut, menu option or even mouse-click to 'jump to current track'.

Please add such a shortcut.

Just want to add my fervent support of this feature being restored as soon as possible!  

I make huge playlists to listen to in my office where I provide a spa-type service to clients and want mellow rock/follk that is enjoyable but never dissonant.  I'm listening at least 8 hours a day, 5 days a week so I'm adding albums by the dozensthat I've not listened through, based on Spotify recommendations and my own vague artist familiartity.  If something comes on that sounds jarring and takes away from the relaxing mood, it used to be so easy to click on it and remove it.  Now??  Why the hell would they remove and/or not restore this must-have feature?

It's been so desperately cramping my style I've even been trying out Pandora again...  Smiley Surprised

I am so happy that other people are speaking up about this. This was one of the features that I loved about Spotify. Please bring the Click Album Locate Item on Playlist Back!!

I love that this was addressed 2 months ago and there's been nothing since. Way to accomodate to your paying customers.

Acually, this seems to have been addressed in version 1.0.5. That said, it doesn't always quite jump to the right place.

Hmm. I've just installed version 1.05, and it's still not working - clicking the album art does nothing. (on PC, windows 8).

Andy

Suggested posts