Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't find a bunch of music

Solved!

Can't find a bunch of music

Hey guys, today I created a Spotify Free account with the intention to upgrade to Premium very soon, but before that, I wanted to move all of my music from Apple Music, so I started looking up each individual album. Over HALF the songs (about 30-ish) I had on Apple Music weren't available on Spotify, but then things got weirder from there. Some of my friends who have been using Spotify for a while had these same songs I couldn't find. Can someone please help me find out what I need to do to get my music onto Spotify? I can't find these songs on the iPhone app, my MacBook app, or the webplayer. My account has a region setting of India, if that helps. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

The music which is available on Spotify differs per region. Do you know perhaps if your friend have an Indian account as well, or are they using an account from a different country?

We've recently released Spotify in India. The good news is: We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon, so please check back!

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for clarifying that.

We just wanted to let you know that the entire Spotify catalogue should be available to you even as a Free user. 

Would you mind making a new Free account and seeing if you can find the music you're looking for which your friends in India have?

If the new account is still behaving in the same way, would you mind logging into one of the accounts on a different device, or using a different network?

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here in case you need any furhter help with this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

The music which is available on Spotify differs per region. Do you know perhaps if your friend have an Indian account as well, or are they using an account from a different country?

We've recently released Spotify in India. The good news is: We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon, so please check back!

Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for the response, Guido!

My friends also have an Indian account. However, they already have Spotify Premium, which leads me to believe that they may have access to said music because of their Premium membership.

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for clarifying that.

We just wanted to let you know that the entire Spotify catalogue should be available to you even as a Free user. 

Would you mind making a new Free account and seeing if you can find the music you're looking for which your friends in India have?

If the new account is still behaving in the same way, would you mind logging into one of the accounts on a different device, or using a different network?

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here in case you need any furhter help with this.

Suggested posts