NEXT STEP

Can't rearrange tracks in a playlist, Spotify crashes

Can't rearrange tracks in a playlist, Spotify crashes

Premium

United States

Macbook Pro

MacOS Big Sur

My Question or Issue:

I recently noticed that when I try to rearrange songs in my playlists on the desktop that the app crashes. I will try to drag a song, but the second I try to drag it away from it's original positions, most of the words on the screen turn gray, and I can't move the song. But when I let go and try to click on anything else in the app, nothing responds anymore, except scrolling in the current playlist. I have to force quit the app and restart it in order for it to function again.

2 Replies

Hey there @ethanwhitney99

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you check if the OS of your PC is up to date.

Lastly, we'd recommend checking your firewall and making sure Spotify is set as an exception.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

all you have to do it go on the tab that is clicked, for example, song, artist, album etc. thats on the top of the playlist, and click it twice or three times and then youre going to be able to move the songs in the playlist however you like.

Suggested posts