Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't remove device?

Can't remove device?

I'm on premium plan. I had an echo dot that wouldn't connect no matter what, but I've since fixed the problem by removing and readding the echo to my alexa account. Anyway, it's still shows up in Spotify - greyed out, without th three dots that give me to option to forget the device. 

I know this isn't an urgent problem, but it really bothers me visually. Please help!

IMG_6158.PNG
11 Replies

Hey there @kelly_hsu,

Thanks for the post!

You can try to Log out Everywhere. This should log your account out from all devices. Afterwards you'd need to connect to your devices again.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sign-off from anywhere does not include speakers... according to the link you mentioned...

How can I remove an Echo Dot that I don't have anymore?

Thanks.

Hey there @DIEG00,

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

No worries, you just need to head over to your Account page > Alexa > Remove access. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Help! Our iphone got dropped in water and now won't turn on. But it still has downloads on it and is still being counted as a device on my premium plan. But I can't remove those downloads because I can't get into the phone! Logout All Devices doesn't fix it. Please help!

Hey @mckeesk,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We think our accounts team can help you in this matter. You can find out how to contact them on this page

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I tried "Log out Everywhere" and I tried "Remove access" but nothing happened. And when I link Alexa, other 2 device appear with the same name of those in the screenshot.

Screenshot_20221003_010303_com.spotify.music.jpg

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

This looks like an issue with the cache. Could you try clearing the cache of your mobile device?

If you turn off one of the playback devices does the other greyed out one show up as well or this happens only when the active one is turned on?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi, for other reason I changed 2 phones but nothing changed. I have the same problem in Spotify Desktop. I tried to power off, unlink Spotify/Alexa, reset "Echo Dot" and "Echo Cucina". The only variation is that the actual white "Echo Dot" and "Echo Cucina" disappear and then, when I linked again Alexa/Spotify, 3 copies of each device appeared (only for few minutes.

Hey @firebreather7,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

Taking the new data into account, we'd recommend rebooting your router to force the network syncing between your devices and your account. You can do this by unplugging the router from the power source for 15 seconds and plugging it back in. 

If the issue persists, would you mind including the Spotify version you're currently running, along with a screenshot of the repeated device to have a better look?

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify Desktop 1.1.95.893.g6cf4d40c

Spotify (Android) beta 8.7.74.254

NOTE: the problem has been occurring for over a month, that is, from the day I deleted and reassociated the 2 devices. This thing showed up with all versions of Spotify that have been released since that day.

I unplugged the electricity meter in the house to make sure all the electronic devices in the house reset. Anything. Could it be useful to reset the router to factory settings?

Screenshot_20221006_133707_com.spotify.music.jpg
IMG_20221006_133520.jpg
IMG_20221006_133512.jpg

Hey @firebreather7,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support team through one of the channels here. You can ask them to remove your saved offline devices as they might have become corrupted with the time. They should be able to help you further!

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator

Suggested posts