Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot install Spotify in Mac

Cannot install Spotify in Mac

MacOS Monterrey, version 12.4

Premium, Spain

After crashed Spotify in my mac, I cannot install Spotify in my Mac, after following the steps that in the community, Spotify recommends.

I delete all the files in Library, searched by "Spotify", and the folders in Cache and Application Support.

I downloaded the installer from the web page, but I cannot install

Could you please help me?

thanks!

3 Replies

Hey @serraoner50,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We get that you're having issues with installing the Spotify app on your Mac. Are you getting some sort of error message? If yes, please provide a screenshot or a video of it.

You mentioned that you've tried to reinstall, which is a valid troubleshooting step in this case. It's worthwhile to double check our clean reinstall method, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. See the linked steps and hopefully this could help in your situation.

If the above doesn't help, then please return with a short video of what's exactly happening on your end, so we can take a closer look and advise you better. Also share with us the exact version of the Spotify app that you're trying to install. 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Open Finder on your mac and click Go > Library (if you don't have hidden folders enabled, press the option key first and it should appear).
Go to Cache, look for a folder that contains Spotify in its name and delete it.
Reinstall the app.

Open Finder on your mac and click Go > Library (if you don't have hidden folders enabled, press the option key first and it should appear).
Go to Cache, look for a folder that contains Spotify in its name and delete it.
Reinstall the app.

Regards,

Will

Suggested posts