Plan Monthly

Premium

United States

Device

Mac Laptop Mid 2014

Operating System

Catalina 10.5.5.

My Question or Issue

I updated to Catalina 10.5.5 and not Spotify won't open.  It flashes when I click open, but does nothing.

6 Replies

mine is doing the exact same. it automatically opens when i log in, and then it closes straight away. the home page doesn't even open. i'm not sure why it's doing it, and i'm not sure how to fix it!

i'm glad i'm not the only one with this problem

Hey @Sobek and @istillh0peforth,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, do you still experience this after a thorough reinstall of the Spotify app?

Keep us posted. We'll look out for your reply and be here if we can help any further!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes, the issue has not been resolved - I am unable to open Spotify at all! I have no idea how to fix. Thank you.

Michelle

Hey @Sobek,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Double-checked and can confirm Spotify needs OS X 10.10 or above to run smoothly on Mac. You'll find all the info regarding Spotify's system requirements here.

Hope you'll find this info useful. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Guys,
I've uninstalled, and re-installed the app 3 times. My macbook is updated to the macOS Catalina 10.15.5 - i am not sure why it still isn't working?

hopefully there's a solution soon!

Thanks!
Emma

Hi guys,
Thank you for reaching to the Community. Currently, the Spotify desktop app will not work on Catalina MacOS. Due to the fact that the current Catalina update is a BETA version. This fall Apple will release their official Catalina update. But if you think this isn't it but something. 

I hope this helps!

Suggested posts