Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clear recently played on home screen?

Solved!

Clear recently played on home screen?

How do I clear the recently played items that appear on the home screen upon launching the desktop app?

If I go into the Recently Played section and remove them there, they still show up on the home screen.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi folks!

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we just came across this thread. 

Currently, there's no option to clear the Recently played section on the Home screen.

However, it looks like other people feel the same way. It's well worth giving it a vote to show your support on this existing idea. 

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey there

Thanks for posting in the Community!

It looks like this is not currently possible, it's only possible to remove them from Recently played.

If this is something you'd like to see on Spotify I recommend  you check out the ideas area in the Community to share your views!

Hope this helps!

another reason why i constantly want to move away from spofity

We need this I got embarrassing/troll music stuck on my home screen I hate seeing everyday.

Spotify needs to enable users to clear their homepage recently played. The items in my recently played are not even songs I've ever listened to because one of my kids accidently used my account on the TV app one day and now what they listened to is to forever appear on my account homepage?

same - it’s annoying
Marked as solution

Hi folks!

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we just came across this thread. 

Currently, there's no option to clear the Recently played section on the Home screen.

However, it looks like other people feel the same way. It's well worth giving it a vote to show your support on this existing idea. 

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

Just as a general rule, ALL features Spotify adds to my home screen should be customizable and/or able to be switched off.

Hey there @samaz11,

Thank you for your post and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Spotify - what's wrong with you? Current approach to not allow people to remove history is clearly against GDPR in Europe! Are you asking to vote for that feature.. law compliance is something what Spotify should care..

Really ridiculous Spotify. It just can't be that difficult to have the same "Remove" feature on the Homepage that you have on the Recently Played page. As many other users have pointed out, I have a bunch of items on my Homepage that I don't want. I remove them from Recently Played, but they're still on my Homepage - super annoying and makes me not even want to use the app.

Just fix it already.

This is insane. I listened to a little bit of a Joe Rogan that a friend recommended ONE TIME, many months ago. I don't ever listen to podcasts. It's not even in my search history anymore.. yet I have to look at his face every single time I open the app? It's been the first thing on my home page, at the very top of the page for MONTHS and I can't do anything about it! It's getting more and more uncomfortable every time I see it. I'm at the point where I'm considering deleting my account just so I don't have to look at his face anymore. What the heck Spotify? 

Suggested posts