Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleted playlist from Library, but playlist still exists in Home page under greeting

Deleted playlist from Library, but playlist still exists in Home page under greeting

I recently deleted one of my playlists that I created, but that playlist still exists on the Home page under the "Good ___" greeting. It's listed as the first playlist, and even though I want to delete it from the Home page, it gives me a pop-up stating that something went wrong. I can even play the playlist I deleted. 

I'm using the app version through my MacBook. Is this a bug? Is there a way to delete the playlist from the home page? 

3 Replies

Howldy zxcvv!
If you have deleted a playlist from your account but it is still appearing on the Home page of your Spotify app, it is possible that this is a bug. Here are a few steps you can try to remove the playlist from the Home page:

• Log out of your Spotify account and then log back in to force synch data. This may refresh the Home page and remove the playlist.

• Clear your cache in the Spotify app. To do this, go to "Preferences" > "Advanced Settings" > "Cache" > "Clear Cache."

• Uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app on your MacBook. This may remove any glitches that are causing the playlist to persist on the Home page.

Don't leave me in the doghouse, keep me informed!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Prague!

Thanks for the reply, I tried all the steps you listed, but none worked. 

If it's a bug, would it resolve if I reported it to Spotify? 

Thanks again, 

zxcvv

Makes my tail wag to hear from you again zxcvv!
Yes, if it's a bug, reporting it to Spotify support can help them identify and fix the issue. You can reach out to Spotify support through the Contact us form on their website or through their social media channels. Be sure to provide them with as much detail as possible, including screenshots if possible, to help them understand the issue you're experiencing.

Let me know what's happening, fur real.

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts