Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading the Mac App is not possible, due to server not responding

Solved!

Downloading the Mac App is not possible, due to server not responding

Hi guys, 

several times I tried to download the Mac App, unfortunately without any success. Although, it is possible to download the .dmg from the website, when I open it, it tells me that the download server is not respoing after trying a couple of seconds.

Please see the screenshots attached for a better understanding.

I don't know if this is an important information but I'm using macOS High Sierra 10.13.4.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers from Germany,

Thorben1. When I try to open the .dmg1. When I try to open the .dmg2. When the server is not responding after a couple of seconds2. When the server is not responding after a couple of seconds

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. That way you will clean and remove some leftovers from the failing download process. I'd also recommend upgrading to macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and maybe try using a different connection 🙂

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. That way you will clean and remove some leftovers from the failing download process. I'd also recommend upgrading to macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and maybe try using a different connection 🙂

Hope it helps!

That worked perfectly fine, thanks 🙂

Suggested posts