Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Genres/Moods - Don't display any playlists

Solved!

Genres/Moods - Don't display any playlists

UPDATE from Matt Suda (Community Rock Star):

This should now be fixed! Thanks for your patience. 

Selecting: Browse -> Genres/Moods -> Any genre/mood -> No playlists 

Tried restarting. Happens on a friends Mac too (same versions). However, it doesn't happen on my iPhone Spotify. 

Mac OS 10.10.1. Spotify: 0.9.15.27.g87efe634 Region: UK

Blank

53 Replies

Hi MattSuda

Has this been solved? The thread states there is a solution but I only see that this has been reported as a bug? 

I am still having these issues on windows 7.

This bug is a never changing chapter in Spotify. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Might also come and go with updates.

Anyhow, this + the fact that Spotify did delete Plugin-Support without saying a single word in advance, I am cancelling my Premium after nearly 1 or 2 years. I will look for another solution to stream my music. Spotify could be so much better. I just dont get it how you can ruin an app like they did with Spotify!

PS: Running OS X and iOS and Windows 8.1 - all the latets updates.

PPS: You guys should think about hireing professionals for your app and start communicate with your paying customers!

PPPS: Think about a way to export the freaking playlist. So many reports out there (also friends who had this problem) where playlist got deleted permenetly. I am creating backups with a pretty timeconsuming way.

Dont get it. Sure you dont want to loose customers but tadaaa - you do 😛

I am having the same problem on my iMac Early 2014 running Mac OS X Yosemite. Genres and Moods worked earlier today. Now its gone. Local menus appear just fine.

Tried complete uninstall, cache deletion and Prefd deletion and still does not work.

I am not paying $10/month for an app that cannot display its options! 

INCONCEIVABLE!

Same problem with me since problem. This is very irritating. The whole point of spotify is being able to different moods and genres...

Same issue here, sure it was working ok yesterday or day before. Running ver 1.0.6.80

Genres & Moods, New Releases, News all not working, the others are working fine. (Overview, Top Lists, Discover)

There is the same problem on play.spotify.com! 

Capture_spotify.PNG

Ye. Browse is not working (only shows a few partial bits and pieces). Maybe it's being updated?

Thanks MattSuda for the update - but it's not a solution now...is it?

Im having this problem but only with ONE single genres & moods and the only one NOT working for me is:

Danish

or in my native language:

Dansk

What to do?

Hi All,

I see that this problem was "solved" in 2015 - but I am currently having this problem. Not just with "Genres and Moods" but also often with "Overview". Can you please tell me how to fix this? I am working on a Mac - but don't have this problem on my PC or android phone. Thanks.

I too am having this same issue. Spotify team, can we please get some feedback on this? Not fair to be paying a monthly subscription when one of the main features doesn't work. Genre works on my phone, but not my computer (where most of my usage is done). Please advise.

Thanks

spotify broken.JPG

Same issue for about a month... really annoying.

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 3.56.49 PM.png

Same problem for me

Hey I'm thinking they didn't see this becasue it's marked as "solved"

Can you go to this new post I created and post another complaint? This is getting ridiculous!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Spotify-Genre-Mood-not-working-on-Windows-Desktop-f...

Suggested posts