Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Genres/Moods - Don't display any playlists

Solved!

Genres/Moods - Don't display any playlists

UPDATE from Matt Suda (Community Rock Star):

This should now be fixed! Thanks for your patience. 

Selecting: Browse -> Genres/Moods -> Any genre/mood -> No playlists 

Tried restarting. Happens on a friends Mac too (same versions). However, it doesn't happen on my iPhone Spotify. 

Mac OS 10.10.1. Spotify: 0.9.15.27.g87efe634 Region: UK

Blank

53 Replies

Me too. 

I have the exact same problem. It seems to work on my android phone but not on my computer!

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

I've merged all the threads about this into one so it's easier to track.

I've passed this bug report on to Spotify. As soon as I have more information about this problem, I'll be sure to update you guys here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there, I can't explain why but its actually back to working for me. I
really love Spotify as it has so many elements that I take advantage of. I
pay for it as I do Pandora to keep these things alive and not have to deal
with commercials. Oh yes and you can't Spotify on Sonos if you don't pay
for premium. These services really allow me to explore options I never
could before.

Installed 2 days ago on Mac.  Initially did show Genre Playlists, now all are blank.  iPhone 6 works just fine.  On Mac I deleted application and reinstalled but it had no effect.  Spotifiy needs to fix it seems.

Same problem here any solution???? Genres & Moods page on blank.png

Is the same thing happening again? I seem to be having the same problem that you did a few months ago. But I'm using Mac OS. 

I have been using spotify on my iPhone without issue.  I installed the desktop version today on a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.1 (latest build), and am using Spotify

Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 11.15.08 PM.png

I have a premium account, if that matters.

If I click on Browse, and then on things like top lists, new releases, etc., everything works fine.

However, if I click on Genres and Moods, and make a selection (e.g., Pop, Mood, Party, Focus, etc.), I get a blank screen (see below).

Some categories, like EDM and Indie, wind up showing content... but then, if I click on Pop, Mood, etc., the EDM or Indie content stays in the window, or the window goes blank again.

Any idea what is going on?

Tried reinstall, didn't make a difference.

Thanks!

PIC: After clicking on "Focus" under "Overview"

Screen Shot 2015-01-27 at 11.19.12 PM.png

UPDATE:

Spotify is currently working on a fix for this. I'll let you know when this should be fixed.

MattSudaSpotify Star

It's interesting that some playlists will load, and some will load in the wrong slot. Like I can't reach Focus, but I can reach Indie/Alternative. If I then click Mood I get Indie/Alternative. If I click Folk & Americana I get EDM/Dance. 

Also, in case it hasn't been mentioned yet I can load them just fine in iOS and quite quickly at that. 

In my own attempts to fix it, I've cleared the AppData folder, uninstalled/reinstalled, and  logged out and back in. So it does not appear to be on the client end.

Hi,

When I click browse and then click on a playlist based on mood/genre it won't load those "subplaylists".

This happens on multiple browsers Chrome/IE/Firefox and also my desktop app. Am I doing something wrong or messed up a setting?

spotify.png

Doesn't seem to be working presently (12:15 CT 1/28/15). tried accessing several "Moods" playlists and nothing is displayed (Blank/Empty playlist).

Hi, 

having the same problem as everyone else seems to be! Just downloaded the app on my mac (OS X Yosemite) and genres and moods show up blank when I click on specific ones. doesn't work on web player either. 

Hey guys!

Spotify is still looking into this problem. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Thanks for your patience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi there, I have Spotify Web Player for desktop and using OS Vista. I'm unable to open any of the categories under the heading "Genres and Moods", all I can see is a blank page. I've done a fresh install but to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gary.

Marked as solution

This should now be fixed!

Thanks for your patience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Yup working now, needed to restart Spotify for it come through. Thanks

Did a "clean" uninstall and reinstalled. Now it works.

Not working at all in ios!! Update broke it..not even clean install helps! darn what could be wrong??

Sorry, still not working. I've just un- and reinstalled spotify and genre/mood and news as well are both black!

Overview and charts works fine

Spotify Build: 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd

spotify genre.JPG

Suggested posts