Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Song is not available (iTunes deletion)

Since getting Spotify Premium, I decided that I didn't need my iTunes library anymore - it was taking up a large proportion of my memory and I wanted to make the full transition into streaming Since doing this however, every song that was originally ...

• Since getting Spotify Premium, I decided that I didn't need my iTunes library anymore - it was taking up a large proportion of my memory and I wanted to make the full transition into streaming Since ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Banner Glitching

Hi,I downloaded Spotify, logged-in and then when I was about to play musique, I saw that the interface was glitching. It does this everywhere, literally. It's very annoying and it's making my spotify slow. How can I make it go away?

• Visitor
  • Hi, I downloaded Spotify, logged-in and then when I was about to play musique, I saw that the interface was glitching. It does this everywhere, literally. It's very annoying and it's making my spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution cannot search for songs

When I search for new songs spotifye doesn´t register the searchword. so often it takes a couple of hours for it to conduct the search. I have a macbook from 2016. Johan

• When I search for new songs spotifye doesn´t register the searchword. so often it takes a couple of hours for it to conduct the search. I have a macbook from 2016.     Johan
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Let me remove followers, please.

For the love of god, people have been asking for this feature for years now. Don't respond pointing me towards another post where someone has made this suggestion and you guys have added it to your 'good idea' list. It's a great idea, make it happen....

• For the love of god, people have been asking for this feature for years now. Don't respond pointing me towards another post where someone has made this suggestion and you guys have added it to your '...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Export to Excel (numbers of streams)

Hi everyone, Does anybody know how to export playlists to Excel, including the number of streams per song? I know it is possible to export the playlists with all the information, but without the numbers of streams, which is explained here. But I actu...

• Hi everyone,    Does anybody know how to export playlists to Excel, including the number of streams per song?   I know it is possible to export the playlists with all the...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Excel
    Playlists
    Streams
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lokale Dateien können auf einem Macbook nicht heruntergeladen werden

Die Lieder werden wohl bei den lokalen Dateien angezeigt und ich kann diese auf dem Mac auch abspielen, sobald ich diese aber in eine Playlist ziehe und offline verfügbar machen möchte, klappt dies nicht (siehe Screenshot)Bei einigen lokal gespeicher...

• Casual Listener
  • Die Lieder werden wohl bei den lokalen Dateien angezeigt und ich kann diese auf dem Mac auch abspielen, sobald ich diese aber in eine Playlist ziehe und offline verfügbar machen möchte, klappt dies n...
  • lupalup123
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

no song list, just a blanco black list

I'm having this problem for a long longgg time the list with my songs and also the playlists doesn't appear when i click on it.the playlist keeps on "loading"i tried deleting spotify and reinstalling it, i tried logging in and out.normally when i go ...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having this problem for a long longgg time   the list with my songs and also the playlists doesn't appear when i click on it. the playlist keeps on "loading" i tried deleting spotify and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Find song that is currently playing

Hi - I love spotify but there's one thing I find maddening - I have a long, long playlist that I like to just play on shuffle. Sometimes a song comes on that I want to get rid of, or get more information on, but I can't find a quick way to go to the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi - I love spotify but there's one thing I find maddening - I have a long, long playlist that I like to just play on shuffle. Sometimes a song comes on that I want to get rid of, or get more informa...
  • RDDJ
  • 34 replies
  • 13 likes
  • Mac
  • 34 replies
  • 13 likes

Daily Mix: Removed songs come back after saving other songs

Hi! I'm having an issue with my daily mix on my Mac (10.11.6): Steps to reproduce:1) In daily mix, click the "Remove" button and "Don't play this song" to remove a song.2) Notice that the song no longer appears in the daily mix playlist.3) Click the ...

• Hi! I'm having an issue with my daily mix on my Mac (10.11.6):   Steps to reproduce: 1) In daily mix, click the "Remove" button and "Don't play this song" to remove a song. 2) Notice th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - Wrong devices in list

I have Spotify installed on my Mac and iPhone. However, in the Spotify Connect menu, I recently started noticing another option, "BDP-S3700," which appears to be a Blu-ray Player w/ Wi-Fi. I do not own this device, and, as far as I know, have never s...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify installed on my Mac and iPhone. However, in the Spotify Connect menu, I recently started noticing another option, "BDP-S3700," which appears to be a Blu-ray Player w/ Wi-Fi. ...
  • elimbaum
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

thumbs down doesn't work

So when I go to thumbs down a song, it does the "Improving Radio Station" but after a few songs, the very song I thumbs downed starts playing. Why does it not remember what I thumbs down? It's very annoying and makes me wish Apple's iTunes Radio was ...

• Regular
  • So when I go to thumbs down a song, it does the "Improving Radio Station" but after a few songs, the very song I thumbs downed starts playing.    Why does it not remember what I thumbs ...
  • DK205
  • 49 replies
  • 45 likes
  • 49 replies
  • 45 likes

Loss of stream after add

Hi, I have a large blues playlist and on most occastions when playing (free) it will at some point switch to an add but then not resume the stream. The only way to resume is to totally close down Spotify and restart. Any help here would be good as I ...

• Hi,  I have a large blues playlist and on most occastions when playing (free) it will at some point switch to an add but then not resume the stream.  The only way to resume is to totally cl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mac] Desktop app blackout + other problems

hello community,as a longtime user of spotify i just keep gettin' more & more frustrated with the desktop app. several problems occured in the past weeks/months that makes spotify more useless as even more time progesses.so, i'm using the app (1.0.77...

• Casual Listener
  • hello community, as a longtime user of spotify i just keep gettin' more & more frustrated with the desktop app. several problems occured in the past weeks/months that makes spotify m...
  • trustno1
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Transfer iTunes playlist to Spotify

I was able to share my iTunes playlist before doing following: Launch Spotify app on mac > file > import playlists > iTunes. Now only see "new playlist" and "new playlistfolder" while the last option about "import playlists" is missing. Can anyone he...

• I was able to share my iTunes playlist before doing following: Launch Spotify app on mac > file > import playlists > iTunes. Now only see "new playlist" and "new playlistfolder" while the la...
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlist image and description keeps reverting on local desktop.

Hey, I had a playlist title, image and description for quite a while and decided to change all three. The title change was successful, and it seemed that the image and description changes were also successful. But everytime I open/restart Spotify on ...

• Hey,   I had a playlist title, image and description for quite a while and decided to change all three. The title change was successful, and it seemed that the image and description changes we...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue is not available for albums, not adding to queue list

I use the queue function constantly on Spotify, especially from the Discover page. But today it's not letting me queue entire albums, only songs individually, and even when I add a song to the queue it doesn't add to the queue playlist. I've restarte...

• Visitor
  • I use the queue function constantly on Spotify, especially from the Discover page. But today it's not letting me queue entire albums, only songs individually, and even when I add a song to the queue ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

top recommendations for you

my top recommendations for you is full of a music genre that i have never listened to!!! i never ever listen to christian music and it's currently full of christian groups singing songs about praising god. i'm very annoyed!!!!!!!!

• Casual Listener
  • my top recommendations for you is full of a music genre that i have never listened to!!! i never ever listen to christian music and it's currently full of christian groups singing songs abo...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Go Back Button

Brief description of the issue:click on the "Go back" button on top/left, the Spotify app speeds through all past(recent?) pages you've accessed and stops. Steps to reproduce the issue:Playing audio oniPhone 7 Plus, controlling Spotify from Macbook P...

• Casual Listener
  • Brief description of the issue: click on the "Go back" button on top/left, the Spotify app speeds through all past(recent?) pages you've accessed and stops.   Steps to reproduce the issue: P...
  • silvianortorres
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify installation fails - redirects to installer download

Hi! I'm trying to install Spotify on my mac but I'm getting a weird error.I download the installer from the site and begin the install on my comp, but just as it's about to finish, it fails, opens the browser and goes to this link:https://www.spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I'm trying to install Spotify on my mac but I'm getting a weird error. I download the installer from the site and begin the install on my comp, but just as it's about to finish, it fail...
  • torngren
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes