Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Mac] Desktop app blackout + other problems

[Mac] Desktop app blackout + other problems

hello community,

as a longtime user of spotify i just keep gettin' more & more frustrated with the desktop app. several problems occured in the past weeks/months that makes spotify more useless as even more time progesses.

so, i'm using the app (1.0.77.338.g758ebd78) on a mac (10.10.5 yosemite), with my premium subscription.

1.) after a few days of running a fresh & clean installed version, suddenly the startup screen needs longer & longer to load in it's entirety ...

2.) organizing playlists has become much more difficult. everytime i add a song to an existing playlist, i'll have to open the playlist (where i'd would like the song to be in) first, otherwise the drag & drop function wont work ...

3.) the advanced search syntaxes (for example "genre:rock" or "year:2000") seem out of order as there are no search results showing ...

4.) but most frustating thing: after some time streaming music the whole screen just goes black. i can start/stop/skip tracks from the momentarily streaming playlist, but other than that, i can't do anything else ...

i hope there will be a solution/fix!
for any help, thx in advance!

1 Reply

Update:

It seems that some of the bugs were fixed. The problems I still have are the drag & drop bug on managin' my playlists and the search functions, that still don't seem to work. Two other little bugs you can see on my other topic here:

Mac-Minor-bugs

Suggested posts