Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

Solved!! Play a certain playlist every day between 8 am - 4pm

Hello, I need to be able to play a certain playlist every day in the office between 8am-4pm. Does any of you have an idea how to do it? I have a dedicated Mac, which is open all the time and Spotify is also open. Thanks Kasper

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I need to be able to play a certain playlist every day in the office between 8am-4pm. Does any of you have an idea how to do it? I have a dedicated Mac, which is open all the time and Spotify ...
  • SimonLundsgaard
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

No Singing (lyrics)

So i was recently listening to Russ (Ride Slow) and everything was going fine you know its a vibe so it was on reply but after a few plays on my mac there were no lyrics so basically like the instrumental but then when i play the next song or teh son...

• So i was recently listening to Russ (Ride Slow) and everything was going fine you know its a vibe so it was on reply but after a few plays on my mac there were no lyrics so basically like the instrum...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify won't work on the web player but when I change my account, it starts to work.

For some reason, I am not able to play any songs on my account, even if I try it out on another device. But when I switch to my old account, it works perfectly.

• For some reason, I am not able to play any songs on my account, even if I try it out on another device. But when I switch to my old account, it works perfectly.
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Impossible de lire certaines musiques

Bonjour,J'ai un problème avec mon compte Spotify.Je suis en premium depuis presque un an, et sur mon téléphone tout se lie correctement, or sur mon Mac, certaines musiques ne veulent pas se lire et ce message est écrit :" Cette chanson n’est pas disp...

• Bonjour, J'ai un problème avec mon compte Spotify. Je suis en premium depuis presque un an, et sur mon téléphone tout se lie correctement, or sur mon Mac, certaines musiques ne veulent pas se lire ...
  • iamandyhill
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist descriptions keep changing back to the old one

Like the title says, every time I reopen the desktop app the new description is deleted and the old one returns. This the same with some playlist photos although they come back to the new photo after changing the description.

• Like the title says, every time I reopen the desktop app the new description is deleted and the old one returns. This the same with some playlist photos although they come back to the new photo after...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Random songs played in between an audio book

Hello!I have a problem listening to audio books on spotify at the moment. Whenever I hear an audiobook, a music song that is completely unknown to me is suddenly played in between. The song differs every time it happens. Does anybody know how to deal...

• Hello! I have a problem listening to audio books on spotify at the moment.  Whenever I hear an audiobook, a music song that is completely unknown to me is suddenly played in between. The song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't load on Mac?

I opened Spotify on my Mac but it just showed a blank grey screen. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app; switching to a different wifi connection; and downloading the older version of Spotify but it made no difference. This issue had starte...

• I opened Spotify on my Mac but it just showed a blank grey screen. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app; switching to a different wifi connection; and downloading the older version of Spoti...
  • Sabiel
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

It won't play!!!

When I got my new iPhone and downloaded Spotify logged in and everything but when I tried to tap the song so I can hear it,it wouldn't play at all so I need to always play shuffle and it's getting me tired i can't find a solution or anything i change...

• When I got my new iPhone and downloaded Spotify logged in and everything but when I tried to tap the song so I can hear it,it wouldn't play at all so I need to always play shuffle and it's getting me...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

unable to play The Young Victoria Soundtrack

The album cover icon is visible as is the complete list of tracks but I can't play any of them. Interestingly, I can play the Sinead O'Connor track if I search for it separately and it's still linked to the soundtrack. Can any one shed light?

• Casual Listener
  • The album cover icon is visible as is the complete list of tracks but I can't play any of them. Interestingly, I can play the Sinead O'Connor track if I search for it separately and it's still linked...
  • Iammclaughlin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there any way to favorite a song or songs in an album you've saved?

The closest thing i've found is you can delete the song you didn't like in an album which isn't as convenient as favoriting the ones you did like.

• Regular
  • The closest thing i've found is you can delete the song you didn't like in an album which isn't as convenient as favoriting the ones you did like.
  • aidantyler
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Edit song info in spotify

Is it not possible to edit songs anymore? I remember I used to be able to edit artists and albums, but I can't anymore... what happened to that feature? Is it possible to go to an older version of spotify to bring it back?

• Visitor
  • Is it not possible to edit songs anymore? I remember I used to be able to edit artists and albums, but I can't anymore... what happened to that feature? Is it possible to go to an older version of sp...
  • froggy123000
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Mac
  • 15 replies
  • 6 likes

[Samsung Gear] Offline Music

Help! Samsung is of no help. Here is what I am trying to do. I have a Gear S2 with Bluetooth and wifi - no cellular connection. I have Spotify Premium and I am trying to download the music so I can listen offline WITHOUT carrying my phone with me whe...

• Casual Listener
  • Help!  Samsung is of no help.  Here is what I am trying to do.   I have a Gear S2 with Bluetooth and wifi - no cellular connection.  I have Spotify Premium and I am trying to do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Reproducible Bug: Left channel becomes muffled

Playing the first 10 seconds of "Summer in the City" (https://open.spotify.com/track/7AzFID6u1b3zIWbd9pb8Dk?si=muVMoDCwSLaMvjDjzd_Y7g) in the Mac desktop app reproducibly muffles the left channel. I've reproduced this consistently a dozen or so times...

• Casual Listener
  • Playing the first 10 seconds of "Summer in the City" (https://open.spotify.com/track/7AzFID6u1b3zIWbd9pb8Dk?si=muVMoDCwSLaMvjDjzd_Y7g) in the Mac desktop app reproducibly muffles the left channel. I'...
  • caiogjj
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How does thumbs up thumbs down work?

Some tracks I think would be great for one station, but horrible for another. If I thumbs down them in one radio station, can I still thumbs up them in another? Or will they even appear? I would like to see it posted somewhere exacctly how the whole ...

• Some tracks I think would be great for one station, but horrible for another.  If I thumbs down them in one radio station, can I still thumbs up them in another?  Or will they even appear? ...
  • Spacecat2
  • 22 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify App Opens Then Crashes And Deletes Itself

I have installed the Spotify app on my MacBook Air 11-inch Early 2015 and opened it.After opening it and trying to log in, the app crashes and deletes itself from the computer.Are there any suggestions on why this is happening? I am running macOS 10....

• I have installed the Spotify app on my MacBook Air 11-inch Early 2015 and opened it. After opening it and trying to log in, the app crashes and deletes itself from the computer. Are there any sugge...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug - Crossfade in playlist at random position

Hi,When I'm listening to a playlist, and I skip tracks, the next song start playing at random position with crossfading (event with crossfading deactivated in option).It seems to follow no specific pattern as sometimes the tracks begin at 0:51, 0:01,...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, When I'm listening to a playlist, and I skip tracks, the next song start playing at random position with crossfading (event with crossfading deactivated in option). It seems to follow no specif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist and Songs automatically play in an unknown device

Out of a sudden, when im listening (or even when not and my songs are paused) a random playlist (usuallly this artist https://open.spotify.com/artist/58uoWIsCF3Kyjz4al9vnxE?si=r7oQGmRJTM29bS57DYumnA) starts playing uatomatically in a Web Player that ...

• Out of a sudden, when im listening (or even when not and my songs are paused) a random playlist (usuallly this artist https://open.spotify.com/artist/58uoWIsCF3Kyjz4al9vnxE?si=r7oQGmRJTM29bS57DY...
  • Puglifiled
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app and website is not loading on my computer

I had a connection issue on my Spotify desktop app (Mac). Someone here suggested I try reinstalling it. But now I'm having trouble accessing the download page. It just doesn't load. Here is what has happenedSpotify app not connecting to internetTryin...

• Casual Listener
  • I had a connection issue on my Spotify desktop app (Mac). Someone here suggested I try reinstalling it. But now I'm having trouble accessing the download page. It just doesn't load.   Her...
  • fimomu
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot disable video reproduction

Hey!Will love to have a button to "Disable Video".I'm using Spotify to hear music in the background. I usually didn't see the video playback, until I hear is some kind of interview... then jump to next song. Will love to have an option to "disable vi...

• Regular
  • Hey! Will love to have a button to "Disable Video". I'm using Spotify to hear music in the background. I usually didn't see the video playback, until I hear is some kind of interview... then jump t...
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can no longer play songs over internet I once had downloaded

I had fka twigs's album downloaded to my itunes, and I could play it through spotify. I deleted the file from my itunes and from my mac, but now when I try to play the album in spotify over an internet connection, it says "this song is not available....

• I had fka twigs's album downloaded to my itunes, and I could play it through spotify. I deleted the file from my itunes and from my mac, but now when I try to play the album in spotify over an intern...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes