Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Solved!! "Recently Played Artists" not updating after hack.

RPA will not update for me. I was hacked and they played a ton of weird polish music with generic album covers. I resolved the hacking issue and secured my account yesterday. However, the constant reminder of the hack is still there, in my recently p...

• Casual Listener
  • RPA will not update for me. I was hacked and they played a ton of weird polish music with generic album covers. I resolved the hacking issue and secured my account yesterday. However, the consta...
  • Alysia_naples
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Songs in playlists being marked as unavailable

I have created a playlist on the Mac Desktop. The playlist is fine but then songs are suddenly being greyed out and listed as not available. The songs are available and I can do a search and find the song/album and it is there but the listing in my p...

• Casual Listener
  • I have created a playlist on the Mac Desktop. The playlist is fine but then songs are suddenly being greyed out and listed as not available. The songs are available and I can do a search and find the...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop issues

I am unable to use Spotify on my desktop. It simply never loads and does not respond. I have updated and reinstalled the app several times, as well as updated my computer. No matter what I try, the desktop version will not finish loading.

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to use Spotify on my desktop. It simply never loads and does not respond. I have updated and reinstalled the app several times, as well as updated my computer. No matter what I try, the d...
  • johnngnjjjj
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not download for my Mac

I have just signed up for Spotify and have the 30 day free trial starting. However, I am on a Mac and I click the 'Get Spotify' button at the beginning after registering, setting up an account, giving them payment info, etc. and the download never be...

• I have just signed up for Spotify and have the 30 day free trial starting. However, I am on a Mac and I click the 'Get Spotify' button at the beginning after registering, setting up an account, givin...
  • CobyUnger
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution High energy impact

I see that my idling Desktop Mac Spotify uses around 7%CPU and the energy impact is around 30. This is a higher energy impact than Chrome with many windows and tabs open! Is that normal? What can be done about it?

• Gig Goer
  • I see that my idling Desktop Mac Spotify uses around 7%CPU and the energy impact is around 30. This is a higher energy impact than Chrome with many windows and tabs open!   Is that normal? Wha...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

[BUG] Desktop (Mac) proxy parsing

When adding a proxy as an http proxy if the http:// is added infront of the proxy URL the Mac Desktop Player parses http into the proxy and everything past the : into the port.

• When adding a proxy as an http proxy if the http:// is added infront of the proxy URL the Mac Desktop Player parses http into the proxy and everything past the : into the port.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Denunciar a Spotify

Quiero denunciar a Spotify por no hacer nada al respecto con un problema que les informe: pague la cuenta Premium (9,99 euros) y sólo me duró 15 días, cuando se supone que tiene que durar un mes entero. Me puse en contacto con ustedes y me dijeron qu...

•    Quiero denunciar a Spotify por no hacer nada al respecto con un problema que les informe: pague la cuenta Premium (9,99 euros) y sólo me duró 15 días, cuando se supone que tiene que dura...
  • AlexanderFagua
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes

How often will Songs get updated?

I just heared a song and the Plays are still the same so im wondering how often the stats will get updatedRegards

• Casual Listener
  • I just heared a song and the Plays are still the same so im wondering how often the stats will get updated Regards  
  • roccaaa
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lyrics

Are lyrics only available using mobile devices, or can I see lyrics on my Mac?

• Roadie
  • Are lyrics only available using mobile devices, or can I see lyrics on my Mac?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Why won't certain songs play?

I'm on the free week trial, and for example, Keep it Healthy by Warpaint won't play for me. The text of the song name is still white. Why is this?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on the free week trial, and for example, Keep it Healthy by Warpaint won't play for me. The text of the song name is still white. Why is this?
  • Amyheilman
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Being Glitchy

Hey guys, I love my Spotify, don't get me wrong, but is anybody else finding heaps of problems with it nowadays? A few months ago it ran perfectly, but in the last few weeks I've had problems adding songs to playlists; problems with my spotify connec...

• Regular
  • Hey guys,   I love my Spotify, don't get me wrong, but is anybody else finding heaps of problems with it nowadays?   A few months ago it ran perfectly, but in the last few weeks I've ha...
  • Chris
  • Spotify
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

make an individual playlist public

Hi there, I am fairly new to Spotify and I erally enjoy it!I am using it on Mac OS, through an app and on my iPhone.In the Mac desktop app, I seam not to have an option listed to make my playlist public. I want to be able to decide which playlist is ...

• Casual Listener
  • ...isted to make my playlist public. I want to be able to decide which playlist is public and which is not. I do not want to make all playlists public (through Settings/Social/ turning ON 'a...
  • aidantyler
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Is this part of an update?

Hey there, I'm just curious - before when I would go to my profile and look at all my playlists, they would be in rows of four and were smaller. Now they're suddenly in rows of three and the covers for the playlists or huge. Did I accidentally zoom i...

• Music Fan
  • Hey there, I'm just curious - before when I would go to my profile and look at all my playlists, they would be in rows of four and were smaller. Now they're suddenly in rows of three and the covers f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Posting Playlists in Playlist Exchange

Hello, I cannot post my playlist in the forum and am seeing this error, "You must include a Spotify Playlist URI/link to create a post in the Playlist Exchange". I have copied the link directly from Spotify and have shared on other sites with no prob...

• Regular
  • Hello,    I cannot post my playlist in the forum and am seeing this error, "You must include a Spotify Playlist URI/link to create a post in the Playlist Exchange".  I have copied th...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! automatic start of spotify

Hello, When i start my computer Macbookpro, it automatically starts Spotify and i don't want it. (I desabled automatic start of stpotify on my users settings in the mac) Any ideas to stop that?Thanks.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   When i start my computer Macbookpro, it automatically starts Spotify and i don't want it.   (I desabled automatic start of stpotify on my users settings in the mac)   An...
  • joan1211
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot post in Playlist Exchange .

Hello, I cannot post my playlist in the forum and am seeing the attached error. I have copied the link directly from Spotify and have shared on other sites with no problem. I am runnning a Mac 10.13.3 and have tried both on chrome and Safari. Please ...

• Regular
  • Hello,    I cannot post my playlist in the forum and am seeing the attached error.  I have copied the link directly from Spotify and have shared on other sites with no prob...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Cannot post a playlist in exchange

Hello, I cannot post my playlist in the forum and am seeing the attached error. I have copied the link directly from Spotify and have shared on other sites with no problem. I am runnning a Mac 10.13.3 and have tried both on chrome and Safari. Please ...

• Regular
  • Hello,    I cannot post my playlist in the forum and am seeing the attached error.  I have copied the link directly from Spotify and have shared on other sites with no prob...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting Playlists

It seems silly, but is extremely frustrating! My ability to click-and-drag playlists to sort them has randomly ceased. I have read every post related to this sort of thing and NONE of the solutions helped me. Please help!

• It seems silly, but is extremely frustrating! My ability to click-and-drag playlists to sort them has randomly ceased. I have read every post related to this sort of thing and NONE of the solutions h...
  • grantstinson
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

ERROR4

Hello, I cannot connect my spotify desk on my macbook, it keep saying error code 4 but I have internet and eerything, I already log out and in, reinstall the application, everything and it keep saying the same. On my phone it works well

• Hello,   I cannot connect my spotify desk on my macbook, it keep saying error code 4 but I have internet and eerything, I already log out and in, reinstall the application, everything and it k...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes