Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Horribly needed features: 1) Ability to see if track is already in playlist 2) Jump to current song

Horribly needed features: 1) Ability to see if track is already in playlist 2) Jump to current song

Hello...I'm wondering why the following features are omit from the latest version of Spotify and ignored, despite obvious need for them and many requests here in the forum:

1) A way to tell if a track has already been saved in a playlist. I can't imagine why this feature was removed. It use to highlight which playlists a particular track was already located. Now it shows nothing. An even better approach was the stared track system Spotify use to implement...where it told the user if a song was saved or not already.

2) The ability to jump to the currently playing track. Not including this feature is a huge misstep in my opinion. When I'm listening to a playlist on shuffle (as many Spotify users do)...sometimes I want to delete the currently playing song or add it to another playlist. Why is there no way to easily jump to the song?

Instead, I have to scroll to the top, sort by recently added, and scroll through thousands of songs trying to eyeball the currently playing song. It's a huge waste of time.

There are many people wondering why this obviously needed feature continues to be absent from the desktop app, yet repeated requests here in the forum seem to fall on deaf ears or are marked as "solved" despite not being addressed. One Spotify associate said the feature would be added to the next update, but it wasn't.

Is there any particular reason why these desperately needed features aren't included? I can't imagine why they wouldn't be. I must admit, it's a bit disconcerting knowing that threads in the forum with thousands of "kudos" are continuously ignored. Please consider and thank you. 

2 Replies

2:

Spotify is aware that this feature is missing and they are looking into it. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply, though I'm not holding my breath. The same answer was given in a similar post, and when the last update was released the fix was never implemented. 

Suggested posts