Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete songs from a playlist

Solved!

How to delete songs from a playlist

how do you delete songs from a playlist? either on mac or ios?

129 Replies
Marked as solution

The important thing to remember is that when you want to delete a song from a playlist you do NOT click on the three dots next to the SONG. You scroll all the way to the top of the playlist and click on the three dots next to the BEGINNING OF THE PLAYLIST! That will give you the option of editing the entire playlist and delete any songs you wish by tapping on the red button to the left of each dong. Hope this helps!

That's exactly what I've been doing, yet the songs I've deleted continue to play...

Thank you!

it is 2016 and I still cannot delete the CURRENTLY PLAYING SONG from my playlist. So stupid! Omfg..............

vote plz https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Delete-song-from-playlist-in-Now-playing-menu-Mobile/idi...

I agree, I have inadvertently downloaded something to my playlist that was supposed to be a song I like but turns out to be someone speaking in German 😞 just started using Spotify, not findng it very user-friendly.

The worst part is even though I deleted the song, and it doesn't appear on my play list...it somehow still plays! So now I can't even find it to delete it again!

It's the top right three buttons of the APP, not the buttons of the song choice. I finally figured out what Peter was trying to explain!

Well, none of the options described works for me.  I am using the Spotify app (version 1.0.38.171.g5e1cd7b2) on my MacBook Pro (running Sierra 10.12).  I want to be able to select multiple songs in a playlist I've created and then remove these songs from that playlist (but not from my general music library).  I have figured out how to select multiple songs and delete them, but this deleted the songs from my library as well.  I have tried the suggested method (scrolling to the top of the playlist, finding three dots/circles, and selecting edit), but I cannot find any three dots or circles (other than the three dots next to the "Play" button, but this menu does not include an "Edit" option, just "Edit Details") or get any red buttons to appear by the playlist songs.

Hi everyone following this thread. Please vote for this idea to add a "Delete" button into the development backlog:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/iOS-Playlists-Filter-Option-While-Deleting-Songs/idi-p/1...

In the top right corner of your screen, there's a set of 3 dots, if you click on it there's an option that says edit. Once you click on it, every song has a red circle next to it, you have to click on that circle to delete the song.

Which works very poorly if you have a list of hundreds of songs.

Thanks for the reply, I did find out how to do it and thought I had posted
that in the thread.

I made a playlist but accidentally added songs i hate!!!! It doesn't give me an option to delete songs(im on a iPad) and I really need to find the answer!!!!!!!

Hi

My playsists belong to me however i am unable to edit them?

There is no option. please help.

Thanks

Ohhh so many reasons to not like Spotify but when will stop paying for a service we don't like? It's OUR MONEY that's keeping this going...

I don't find a red circle or any circle for that matter. I just got this phone and my other phone had the circles. Maybe I'm not doing something correctly?

But I also can't delete songs from my own playlists, how does that work?

What if you have over a thousand songs in the playlist and you want to delete the one that is playing? The list is not ordered alphabetically. I have to search through over a thousand songs to find the one I want to delete. Not good enough.

This happens to me too.

Bull**bleep** hahahahaha been trying to delete the same songs now each about 6 times.....and they don't delete....understand spotify is one piece of **bleep** app that only works 1/3 rd of the time....its the worse

Suggested posts