Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

MacBook Air 2023

Operating System

macOS 14

My Question or Issue

Recently I've began noticing an issue with the battery impact and usage of Spotify. Sometimes when using the app it'll randomly shoot up to like 300 energy impact and at times like 4000 power usage the last 12 hours and my device runs hot. I've spoken to Spotify Support, reinstalled and cleaned the cache but to no avail.

Skærmbillede 2023-11-09 kl. 19.13.52.png
4 Replies

Also high CPU usage.

CPU-tid = CPU time

Tråde = Threads

Skærmbillede 2023-11-09 kl. 19.19.59.png

Hey @bigmanmuffin,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info about this behavior so we can investigate further. Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

On another note, and just to confirm, is this happening when streaming music on other apps? If not sure, it’d be awesome if you could check.

Lastly, we'd suggest you take a look at this Apple Community thread, and follow some of the steps suggested there to see if you notice any difference in this behavior.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The problem seems to have fixed itself. Thanks for the reply anyway, @AlejaR!

Over the last few days, I've noticed that Spotify has been the highest energy-impacting process (over the last 12 hours). So much so that in the morning when I open my laptop it is warm. This is not only an issue I have started experiencing recently, maybe about a week ago.

I've reinstalled the latest ARM version but the problem persists. I'm using a M1 MBP running macOS 14.3 (23D56) and Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon) 1.2.31.1205.g4d59ad7c.

Suggested posts