NEXT STEP

Latest update removed Feature to play/shuffle all saved songs

Latest update removed Feature to play/shuffle all saved songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(Pocophone F1, Samsung Galaxy S5, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(Android Oreo, Arch Linux, MacOS Sierra)

My Question or Issue

The latest update removed the feature to shuffle or play all songs within my library. The category "Gespeichert" has been replaced with "Lieblingssongs" but it does not contain all songs anymore but only songs I have marked with an heart. Formerly it used to also contain songs from saved albums. Unfortunately I see no possibility to shuffle my whole library anymore. This has been the main reason for me to use Spotify. Please bring it back!

5 Replies

Hi,

The experience shouldn't have changed for you. All the saved songs are migrated to liked songs and added to the favorites playlist. If you shuffle that one you should have the same experience.

Regards,

René

Hi René,

many thanks for the quick reply. This might be true for existing songs, but when I add a new album (mark the album with a heart icon), no songs are added to my library. Do I now have to add every single song of an album manually?

Kind regards,
Christian

There's a shortcut in the menu: like all songs of the album.

Hope this makes a bit less painful.

The other way around doesn't work unfortunately, there's no option to unlike all songs of an album.

Regards,

René

Hi René,

I'm unable to find the shortcut I'm afraid. Can you send me a screenshot?

Thank you!

Christian

Hi @MrSchaal and @Rene01,

So there is no button to like all songs of an album on the desktop app. But, you still don't have to like each song individually. You can click on the first song in the album, and then shift-click the last song. This will select those two songs and all song in between. Then, right-click (or ctrl-click if you don't have right-click set up) any selected song, and click "Save to Your Liked Songs). You can follow the same procedure to unlike all songs in the album.

If there are only certain songs you want to add, you can cmd-click each song, which will only select the songs you've clicked, and then follow the right-click procedure to save from there. 

On mobile, there is a button to save all songs to your liked songs. You simply go to the album, then click the three dot menu in the upper right corner, where you will find "like all songs." Again, you can follow the same procedure here to unlike all songs in the album.

Regarding the changes to liking albums, hitting the ❤️ icon on an album will now save the album to your "albums" tab, without liking all the songs in it. You can find more information about the changes in the update here.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. 

Suggested posts