Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac - Change audio output of Spotify App ONLY

Mac - Change audio output of Spotify App ONLY

Hi, I'm trying to change the output channel of the Spotify App.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Please DO NOT tell me to change the default output device of my whole machine.  Thats exactly what I do not want to do. 

I want to be able to play spotify out through a specific device, or airplayed so it can play on the speakers in my house.  Meanwhile I would like all the rest of the sound on the machine to be local to the machine, this is normally a very easy process with most apps that involve audio cause you can select the output source for the app.  I do not want my skype calls, email pings, netflix, safari etc playing throughout the house.

If this is not currently available I would highly suggest this gets added. This is not an uncommon thing.

16 Replies

It's been 3 years, has there been an update on this?

Same here, still waiting for a solution.

Upvote.  The problem is that when I disconnect my headphones, and then reconnect them Spotify doesn't recognize the audio output device, so I have to kill Spotify, then kill my headphones, then start Spotify, then turn on my headphones again, then if it still doesn't recognize my headphones I have to do that again.  And sometimes I have to do it several times before Spotify recognizes my headphones.

Just give me the option to choose which audio output device I want to use, for Pete's sake.

5 years later and we got nowhere further with this. I am surprised this is so low rated.

I can reply with an answer that you would get from Spotify:

There’s a section called Ideas where you can share this idea if you think it should be implemented into the Spotify app.

Then maybe 5 years after that you might see it implemented but only if this idea has gathered thousands of votes. 

this is such an easy to implement feature - especially on osx with coreaudio - is there an actual reason to not add it? ... u being a multiple billion $ company and stuff...

Why can't they add such a simple feature?

Well, add this to the long list of simple "quality of life" improvements blatantly IGNORED by the industry leader that is Spotify.

Still desired feature, please implement it!  

I want to hear music as background on my bluetooth speakers while working on my laptop. 

Totally agree, Upvote, please devs, I'm pretty sure it's a less than a week feature 😛 

It's almost 2023 and Spotify it's the only app (and sadly it's a music app) that doesn't have this feature. Even Google Meet somehow has this feature while this music app that suppose to "Stream the music" can't

It's been 11 months of war in Europe, and Spotify still doesn't have this feature. They even have a liquid-metal nano-robot which can go through prison bars, but Spotify still plays only through the default audio device.

Make Spotify Great Again!

Pleaaaase ! Really neeeeed this  🙂 

Madness that this still isn't an option

SoundSource by Rogue Amoeba will do this most handily on a Mac:

Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 13.57.40.png

2024 and still you have to select the output manually. Is this company not listening to user requests? Apple Music looking better and better.

Suggested posts