Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac desktop - Gapless only works after rechecking box after startup

Mac desktop - Gapless only works after rechecking box after startup

Hi folks,

I'm running Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63) with the Darwin 11.4.2 kernel with version 0.9.7.16.g4b197456 of Spotify.

When I first start Spotify up (With a computer restart or otherwise), gapless playback doesn't work - there is an audible pause between tracks that normally do not have one. Checking preferences, I see that "Gapless Playback" is selected. When I uncheck and then recheck the box right after, gapless playback works as expected. (To clairify, there is no wait required or no song change needed after rechecking the box - it works right away).

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for filing a bug report, but any feedback would appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Both songs I tested this with are unlinked tracks. Steps to reproduce:

• Startup Spotify with the "Gapless Playback" option in Spotify preferences checked.
  • Listen to some unlinked tracks to confirm that there is a gap in the track playback.
  • Open Spotify preferences.
  • Uncheck "Gapless playback" and recheck it.
  • Listen to the same tracks again to confirm that the gap in track playback is gone.

EDIT EDIT: This is a duplicate of Peter's post about it and can be deleted.

1 Reply

Hi middguy.

You're right, this has already been reported, but that doesn't stop you being awesome for taking the time to post.

Thanks! 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Suggested posts