Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] "Daily Mix" often start to play wrong #numbered playlist after 1 day of inactivity

[Mac] "Daily Mix" often start to play wrong #numbered playlist after 1 day of inactivity

Plan

Free / Ireland

Device

Macbook Pro late 2019

Operating System

macOS Monterey (12.2.1)

After Spotify updated design 6 months ago or so I started to notice that "Daily Mix" playlists which you see in "Home" tab could be outdated to what's actually on your servers atm. I.e. when I click to Play some "Daily Mix" playlist it may start to play 1 song from old playlist from a day ago (and displayed so) but then next songs replaced with fresh "today's"  playlist which can be fully different by genre and content, i.e. there's some misconnection between what I see in Spotify client and what songs are actually assigned to that playlist because that changes on daily basis.

Looks as Spotify doesn't fetch fresh info about current "Daily Mix" playlists and displays old cover, info and songs list which updates (to fully different content and genre) only after you hit "Play" button on that playlist.

Steps to reproduce:

- Open Spotify

- Go to Home section

- Observe the "Daily Mix #" playlists

- Wait for 1 day

- Hit on "Play" on one of playlists in "Home" section

Expected behavior:

- Spotify plays the correct expected "Daily Mix" playlist

Actual behavior:

- Spotify starts to play fully different playlist content (because on server side that #numbered playlist was replaced with another one)

- or plays first song correctly then other very different songs from other playlist

- you may notice that after hitting "Play" content of the "Daily Mix" playlist getting replaced with new content right in front of your eyes and replaced with fully different "Daily Mix" playlist of different genre.

Could be related to https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Fixing-quot-Daily-Mix-quot-playlists/idi-p/5613338

0 Replies

Suggested posts