Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac running Yosemite Spotify Crashes

Solved!

Mac running Yosemite Spotify Crashes

I have re-downloaded Spotify to my Mac computer running 10.10.2 but it continues to crash every time I open it. The Spotify version is: 1.0.3.101.gbfa97dfe. Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After several iterations of removing spotify files and attempting re-installs i had given up. So then i tried updating my mac...

Everything works now! 

I would have thought spotify checked that my current OS version was compatible before enticing me to install the latest 😕

For reference. These were the updates:

Command Line Tools (OS X 10.10):

Version: 6.3

Source: Apple

Install Date: 5/25/15, 10:17 AM

OS X Update:

Version: 10.10.3

OS X Yosemite Recovery Update:

Version: 1.0

CHeers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Try a clean reinstall of Spotify to see if this fixes the problem:

Advanced method:
https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Easy method:
Download this free app cleaner. It's super easy.

http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

When you open up the app, search for Spotify and it will automatically find and delete all files on your computer related to Spotify.

I use it all the time and it's a really great tool. If you ever decide to uninstall an app, the best way is to use this tool.

After that, download and reinstall Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply. Downloaded the app, did as you suggested and it didn't work. I'm on the verge of giving up.

I am having the same issue. I have tried re-installing fresh after a full purge of spotify on my system but no dice. When i run spotify via terminal i get this:

Ben@Bens-iMac:~$  /Applications/Spotify.app/Contents/MacOS/Spotify

16:27:18.484 I [breakpad.cpp:245                ] Uploading crash dump: /Users/Ben/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/074A1512-05C9-4DC4-B51F-0F5D3A47DD11.dmp

/Users/Ben/Library/LaunchAgents/com.spotify.webhelper.plist: Operation already in progress

Which looks to me like it is failing very early on.

Thanks,

Ben

Marked as solution

After several iterations of removing spotify files and attempting re-installs i had given up. So then i tried updating my mac...

Everything works now! 

I would have thought spotify checked that my current OS version was compatible before enticing me to install the latest 😕

For reference. These were the updates:

Command Line Tools (OS X 10.10):

Version: 6.3

OS X Update:

Version: 10.10.3

OS X Yosemite Recovery Update:

Version: 1.0

CHeers!

Is it still working like it should?

I had the exact same problem as you. Also tried re-installing Spotify, but it didn't help. And then I updated my Mac to El Capitan and the problem went away.

Well, for some months. Now it's back. Same thing. I love Spotify, but now I'm actually considering cancelling my subscription and checking out some of the competition. How about you – no chrashes yet?

have the same crashing problem here on yosemite OS...

Suggested posts