Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Migration Advice (Apple Music and Local Files to Spotify)

Migration Advice (Apple Music and Local Files to Spotify)

Hello everyone, 

I am at my wit's end here, and I hope I can find some relief here. 

I have local music files on my iMac that I obtained from various sources in the past. I would like a streaming service that will allow me to 1) listen to the entire library on my iMac at home 2) listen to the entire library on my iMac at work and 3) listen to the entire library on my iPhone. Three devices. 

I took the plunge with Apple Music last night, and it has been an utter and complete disaster. Turning on iCloud Music Library caused songs to be deleted or duplicated. I've tried many ways to overcome this but to no avail. The experience has been terrible to say the least. 

So I turned to its competitor, Spotify. Spotify is great if you are starting from scratch — but I am not starting from scratch. I have local music files that I am hoping for Spotify to match with its online catalogue. I don't mind if it cannot match everything. I just want it to match the majority of it. I cannot find a way to easily do so through the Spotify Desktop or iOS app. I am very confused about the migration from my Apple Music and Local Music Files to Spotify. I don't know what the first steps are. Please, please help. 

PS I have attached a screen shot of the problems I have been facing on iTunes. 

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 5.09.32 PM.JPG
0 Replies

Suggested posts