Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Jam now available on Desktop

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • bfteach
  • Regular
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music stops
  • 19 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 35 likes

Bug - Mac OS

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.9.15xxx on OS X Yoseimite 10.10.1. If I open the app and the internet connection is down, it never get to play anything when it comes back up, I have to kill the app and re open it.Nice community, kind regards!

• Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.9.15xxx on OS X Yoseimite 10.10.1. If I open the app and the internet connection is down, it never get to play anything when it comes back up, I have to kill the app and re ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mac import iTunes playlists go empty

Hi, I'm using the desktop app on a Mac (10.9.1) and am having problems importing my iTunes playlists. The lists themselves are recognised and the tracks are listed under "local files" but the playlists themselves are empty. When I try to delete the p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using the desktop app on a Mac (10.9.1) and am having problems importing my iTunes playlists. The lists themselves are recognised and the tracks are listed under "local files" but the playlis...
  • Riddion
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't install spotify on mac

The Spotify program didn't work one day and i couldn't open the program when i clicked the Spotify symbol. I've tried to delete the program from my Mac and reinstall it but I've still got the same problem. What to do?

• The Spotify program didn't work one day and i couldn't open the program when i clicked the Spotify symbol. I've tried to delete the program from my Mac and reinstall it but I've still got the same pr...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist selection problem

Hi allI have a very bizarre problem in regards to selecting artists. I open spotify, search for an artist, play a something on their page and everything works fine. Then I will go and search for another artist to listen to in the search bar and when ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all I have a very bizarre problem in regards to selecting artists. I open spotify, search for an artist, play a something on their page and everything works fine. Then I will go and search fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

checked tracks not syncing/displaying properly

previously, if you checked tracks from an album and dragged them to a playlist, the check didn't carry over to the playlist. so you had to check them again in the playlist after adding them so they would show up in your 'songs' list under 'your music...

• Composer
  • previously, if you checked tracks from an album and dragged them to a playlist, the check didn't carry over to the playlist. so you had to check them again in the playlist after adding them so they w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Find Songs of old versions of Spotify Playlists

Hi, I like the "Beats To Think To" by "Spotify Deutschland" very much. Every now and then Spotfy Deutschland swaps out all the old songs for new ones. Right now I liked the songs from last week much better. Is there any way to see the songs from last...

• Hi,   I like the "Beats To Think To" by "Spotify Deutschland" very much. Every now and then Spotfy Deutschland swaps out all the old songs for new ones. Right now I liked the songs from...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Big log in problems // Support not responding

Hi, i wrote to times to the Support (#02114871 and #02114880) and i recieved no answer. I'm waiting since 10 days. Unfortunately, I can no longer log in to Spotify. Neither with the Mac-Program, even through the browser, or on my android mobile. I ge...

• Hi,   i wrote to times to the Support (#02114871 and  #02114880) and i recieved no answer. I'm waiting since 10 days.   Unfortunately, I can no longer log in to Spotify. Neithe...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

After updating app, all saved artists are gone except for a few

Hi all,I recently updated the Spotify app for mac and when it rebooted I had lost all artists except for 6-7 recent adds. When I check the online browser version, all my saved artists are still there. However, in the app, it shows that I can "resave"...

• Hi all, I recently updated the Spotify app for mac and when it rebooted I had lost all artists except for 6-7 recent adds. When I check the online browser version, all my saved artists are still t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played Artists wrong.

The Recently Played Artists that are displaying on my profile are completely wrong (I haven't ever heard of some of them) and are not updating. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

• The Recently Played Artists that are displaying on my profile are completely wrong (I haven't ever heard of some of them) and are not updating.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

App play/pause contols arent available - Macbook Pro

Spotify app no longer works. IOS version Yosemite 10.10.1 Spotify release: 0.9.15.27 See attached deleted and re-installed - same result works fine on iphone and ipad see screenshot

Screenshot 2014-12-10 15.43.42.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Spotify app no longer works.   IOS version Yosemite 10.10.1   Spotify release:  0.9.15.27   See attached   deleted and re-installed - same result   works...
  • cuhrich
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

combining two playlists on iPhone or iPad

How do I combine two large playlists on iPhone or iPad? (I know how to move one song at a time, but I cannot find a way to combine entire playlists. I also know how to combine playlists on iMac or MacBook, by highlightling and dragging, which doesn't...

• Casual Listener
  • How do I combine two large playlists on iPhone or iPad? (I know how to move one song at a time, but I cannot find a way to combine entire playlists. I also know how to combine playlists on iMac or Ma...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

New Mac Spotify update...

I absoulutely hate it. There's no friend thing on the right anymore, there's no Apps left and where the banner is the sides of it are just black and empty. Is there actually any thing good in this update except for it being a bit wider? (This is just...

• Gig Goer
  • I absoulutely hate it. There's no friend thing on the right anymore, there's no Apps left and where the banner is the sides of it are just black and empty. Is there actually any thing good in this up...
  • tedp19
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Not Recieving Messages in Spotify App Inbox

I have not recieved a message in my Inbox since November 17th. All Spotify messages are being sent through Facebook, which I do not like. I prefer the way it worked previously. I don't like having my browser open all day in order to recieve messages ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have not recieved a message in my Inbox since November 17th. All Spotify messages are being sent through Facebook, which I do not like. I prefer the way it worked previously. I don't like having my...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

playlists not displaying cover art

This just started happening recently where most, but not all playlists are no longer displaying any cover art. Where there used to be 1 or 4 covers is now the grey note icon (same as the iTunes icon) in a blank black box. However, if i go to my profi...

• Composer
  • This just started happening recently where most, but not all playlists are no longer displaying any cover art. Where there used to be 1 or 4 covers is now the grey note icon (same as the iTunes icon)...
  • shape5
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music will only play if the app is on the front screen

For some reason, only since yesterday, music will only play if spotify is on the screen. Cant lock it, send a message, anything. Ive tried pressing play from the swipe up bar and still nothing, it will say the songs name and then when i press play ju...

• For some reason, only since yesterday, music will only play if spotify is on the screen. Cant lock it, send a message, anything. Ive tried pressing play from the swipe up bar and still nothing, it wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist Won't Stop Playing.

I already sent a message to Support about this, but they referred me back here. So here's my issue: a random playlist I listened to quite a while ago, won't stop playing. Every time I play a song from a different playlist or just a different song in ...

• Casual Listener
  • I already sent a message to Support about this, but they referred me back here. So here's my issue: a random playlist I listened to quite a while ago, won't stop playing. Every time I play a song fro...
  • MarkSisom
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mac
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify keeps relaunching after quit (not restart)

For the last few weeks now, whenever I quit Spotify desktop app on my Macs, it reopens itself. I'm not talking about after a comptuer restart, just a simple quit of the application. Has anybody else experienced this or have a solution to fix it?The o...

• Music Fan
  • For the last few weeks now, whenever I quit Spotify desktop app on my Macs, it reopens itself. I'm not talking about after a comptuer restart, just a simple quit of the application.   Has an...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Must the Mac Interface be So Bad?

I've been complaining a lot about Spotify recently, so I may as well get it all out. First of all, it's important for Spotify to know I was a huge fan, signed-up for the premium account, and even as I hear more and more features make it into the free...

• Regular
  • I've been complaining a lot about Spotify recently, so I may as well get it all out.   First of all, it's important for Spotify to know I was a huge fan, signed-up for the premium account, a...
  • Zeppelin
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

MAC SPOTIFY ANDROID SYNC PROBLEM - ASKS EVERY darn TIME!

so I have my soeakers commected to android phone I want to control everything from my mac, like next previous etc it works but it asks me every darn time on my android - Playing XXX from My Macbook Air Play Here or Continue those 2 options pop up. I ...

• Regular
  • so I have my soeakers commected to android phone   I want to control everything from my mac, like next previous etc    it works but it asks me every darn time on my android - ...
  • steakpie13
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album in my Notfications is greyed out and won't play.

Notifications are great, but Anthony Pappa, Choo Choo records vol 1 won't play for me. I restarted spotify. installed latest version but it is still greyed out. Available 8 days ago.

• Regular
  • Notifications are great, but Anthony Pappa, Choo Choo records vol 1 won't play for me. I restarted spotify. installed latest version but it is still greyed out. Available 8 days ago.
  • Carina
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes