Desktop (Mac)

Discuss Spotify for Mac

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify free: Music stops on MAC

Edited: Thank you very much everyone for helping! Finally I managed to correct the error and the steps are those that DerpyNerd offered and highlighted as a solution. Hi! I have a MacBook Pro, and for a week now I have a problem with the desktop app....

• Casual Listener
  • dtulman14
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Error
    music stops
  • 15 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

SpotifyWebHelper - Constant pop ups Mac

Over the last week Spotfiy has started the mac has started to throw up the pop-up: "SpotifyWebHelper wants to use your confidential information stored in "Spotify" in your Key Chain It doesn't matter how many times you allow, deny or always allow it ...

• Over the last week Spotfiy has started the mac has started to throw up the pop-up:   "SpotifyWebHelper wants to use your confidential information stored in "Spotify" in your Key Chain &nbs...
  • bayrho
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! How does thumbs up thumbs down work?

Some tracks I think would be great for one station, but horrible for another. If I thumbs down them in one radio station, can I still thumbs up them in another? Or will they even appear? I would like to see it posted somewhere exacctly how the whole ...

• Some tracks I think would be great for one station, but horrible for another.  If I thumbs down them in one radio station, can I still thumbs up them in another?  Or will they even appear? ...
  • Spacecat2
  • 22 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Burn To CD

In spotify It says Itunes on the left side. I have created a new play list in Itunes and called it burn. So I can burn my CD's in Itunes. Now burn shows up in spotify but when I go to add a song from spotify to the new playlist called burn. It doesn'...

• Regular
  • In spotify It says Itunes on the left side. I have created a new play list in Itunes and called it burn. So I can burn my CD's in Itunes. Now burn shows up in spotify but when I go to add a song from...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 80 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 80 replies
  • 1 likes

Like and dislike button on Mac Desktop Application

i would like to see the Desktop app mirror the iOS app where you have the ability to like or dislike a song. this would be a huge improvement! it should be the same no matter which device u r playing from. cheers

• Casual Listener
  •  i would like to see the Desktop app mirror the iOS app where you have the ability to like or dislike a song. this would be a huge improvement! it should be the same no matter which device u r...
  • CVilla
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Mac Update Retina

Hello, when there will come a Macbook Retina Update? it looks completly blurred and When Spotify on Mac become Airplay and Support for Notification Center ( Mountain Lion ) PLease answer Janusch

• Music Fan
  • Hello,     when there will come a Macbook Retina Update? it looks completly blurred    and When Spotify on Mac become Airplay and Support for Notification Center ( Mount...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 15 likes

Mac OS X 10.8 - Mountain Lion

Hello, Does anyone know if the latest Mac client 0.8.4.107 will run on Mountain Lion? The new OS should be available tomorrow. Thanks, Phil

• Roadie
  • Hello,   Does anyone know if the latest Mac client 0.8.4.107 will run on  Mountain Lion?  The new OS should be available tomorrow.     Thanks, Phil
  • chiaradefino31
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! HELP, SPOTIFY WON'T QUIT!

I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.8, and have th latest version of spotify but in the last couple of days it has just frozen up and it wont let me quit the application. When I click on it to open all the options at the top have disappeared and won't let me se...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.8, and have th latest version of spotify but in the last couple of days it has just frozen up and it wont let me quit the application. When I click on it to open all the opti...
  • hannahedaw
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes

[Mac] Troubleshooting Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Tip: Don't forget to check our Spo...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first.   Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before. So type ...
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes
  • Mac
  • 0 replies
  • 34 likes

spotify and my mac remote control

hi all I have a problem with spotify and my mac remote control. I can slown down the volume but if I want to go to the next song or to the last one I can't.... Do you know if the mac remote control is linked to spotify? thank you so much

• hi all   I have a problem with spotify and my mac remote control. I can slown down the volume but if I want to go to the next song or to the last one I can't....    Do you kn...
  • Nimo
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify Won't start all of a sudden. Mac OX 10.7.4

When I try to open spotify it bounces once in my dock and does nothing. No crash report, it just refuses to open. I've tried reinstalling.

• When I try to open spotify it bounces once in my dock and does nothing. No crash report, it just refuses to open. I've tried reinstalling. 
  • graceyu
  • 133 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 133 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify freezing on latest release? Report it here.

Hey everyone, As we're rolling out a new release of Spotify for desktops - v0.8.4 - we're keen to stay on top of any bugs that may have crept in while we weren't looking. We hate bugs. So if you're having problems please use the following template to...

• Roadie
  • Hey everyone,   As we're rolling out a new release of Spotify for desktops - v0.8.4 - we're keen to stay on top of any bugs that may have crept in while we weren't looking. We hate bugs. &...
  • deavon20
  • Casual Listener
  • 250 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Desktop App not syncing with Mobile

So, a few months back i had an issue with Spotify. Whenever i created a playlist on my iphone or ipad it would not show up on my desktop and viceversa. After reinstalling spotify several times on my Mac and deleting every file i could find( including...

• So, a few months back i had an issue with Spotify. Whenever i created a playlist on my iphone or ipad it would not show up on my desktop and viceversa. After reinstalling spotify several times on my ...
  • mschumacher
  • 21 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! No 64-bit Mac version?

Hi, i was quite surprised when I noticed that the Mac version for desktop is only a 32-bit application. When will the 64-bit application be released? Additionally, I am also looking forward to some built in AirPlay streaming in the future.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   i was quite surprised when I noticed that the Mac version for desktop is only a 32-bit application. When will the 64-bit application be released?    Additionally, I am al...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 16 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 18 likes

Spotify on Mac App Store

I would love to see this app in the Mac App Store due it's easier and safer to update, and download. Please upload it

• I would love to see this app in the Mac App Store due it's easier and safer to update, and download. Please upload it 😞  
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 19 likes

Solved!! Fel användare visas

När jag skulle gå in på Spotify via min frus mobil, så använde jag mina inloggningsuppgifter. Troligen har jag sagt ja på fel ställe, för nu visas alltid hennes Facebookprofilbild uppe i högerhörnet, när jag är inloggad på Spotify med mina uppgifter,...

• Casual Listener
  • När jag skulle gå in på Spotify via min frus mobil, så använde jag mina inloggningsuppgifter. Troligen har jag sagt ja på fel ställe, för nu visas alltid hennes Facebookprofilbild uppe i högerhörnet,...
  • luciablond
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify prevents Mac from going to sleep when PAUSED

Reposting on behalf of Norb because I think this forum might be more appropriate for it. "Hi, running the Spotify client prevents my Mac from going to sleep, even when no song is being played. By typing "pmset -g assertions" into the terminal window,...

• Roadie
  • Reposting on behalf of Norb because I think this forum might be more appropriate for it.   "Hi,   running the Spotify client prevents my Mac from going to sleep, even when no song ...
  • snooty
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify starts playing randomly

I tend to leave my computer running, so when spotify suddenly decides to start playing a song while I am asleep, it freaks me the hell out. Sometimes I am playing a game and spotify decides: "It's music time!" and starts playing a song. I have to exi...

• I tend to leave my computer running, so when spotify suddenly decides to start playing a song while I am asleep, it freaks me the hell out.  Sometimes I am playing a game and spotify decides: "I...
  • tim241
  • 31 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 21 likes

Solved!! Where are offline files stored on Mac

Hello, I want to know where the offline files are stroeed locally on my mac. Because my disk are very full I think about to link this directory to my mobile disk. ThanksThorQue

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I want to know where the offline files are stroeed locally on my mac. Because my disk are very full I think about to link this directory to my mobile disk.   Thanks ThorQue
  • Phthonus
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Disconnect from Facebook button not working

I'm trying to disconnect from Facebook in Spotify 0.8.3.222.g317ab79d (Mac Pro 8-Core, OS X Lion 10.7.4). When I press the "Disconnect from Facebook" button, nothing happens. The reason I'm trying to disconnect from Facebook is that I see the annoyin...

• Gig Goer
  • I'm trying to disconnect from Facebook in Spotify 0.8.3.222.g317ab79d (Mac Pro 8-Core, OS X Lion 10.7.4). When I press the "Disconnect from Facebook" button, nothing happens.   The reason I'm ...
  • tomihasa
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes