Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

MacBook Air (2020, M1)

Operating System

macOS Big Sur 11.4

My Issue

Closing the MacBook Air's lid and putting it into sleep mode (while music is playing on Spotify) results in music pausing. This behavior is expected. The problem occurs is when you open the MacBook back from sleep mode and try to play the music again. You are met with a "Can't play the current song" error. This occurs on both the Apple Silicon Beta version and latest version (1.1.62.583.gdac868ed-a). 

How to reproduce

1. Open Spotify and play any track

2. Close MacBook Air lid whilst having music playing

3. Open MacBook lid, unlock Mac if necessary, and resume music. Issue can be observed.

I recorded the issue on my phone but the file was was too large to upload here, I instead opted to upload it on Google and share using this link: 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NwP0ZCTOEd_CJhqhgUtcvyofaAVKT-x6/view?usp=sharing

I hope this is useful information for developers to look into and hopefully come to a resolution.

1 Reply

Elena

Hey @Nebulizer!

Thanks for the report!

It might be a good idea to try some more troubleshooting steps here.

We can suggest that you try updating your computer's drives to make sure you have the latest version.

It's also worth trying to disable hardware acceleration in the app:

1. Click Edit in the menu bar. Select Preferences.

2. Scroll down and uncheck Hardware acceleration.

3. Restart Spotify.

If this still doesn't solve, could you please post your update in the Idea post that we have about the Beta version of the app.

We appreciate your cooperation on this. Keep us in the loop 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS