Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode not always available

Solved!

Offline mode not always available

Hi All---been experiencing an issue with my ipad offline syncing. I have my lists all set to available offline mode on my home network on a Macbook. I use an ipad to listen to playlists while taking public transit to work. In the past, all playlists have been available, no problem. In the past 2 weeks or so, entire playlists aren't available. Sometimes, only a few songs in a playlist are available, even though all my playlists are set to offline mode. I selected offline mode in my settings on my Macbook, but the problem persists. Any input would be appreciated as to why this is happening. Thanks in advance!

forgot to mention...I also have spotify loaded on my workplace network PC, and all my playlists are available. weird.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey cape, no worries. After 31 days the offline device simply needs to be connected to the internet for the songs to be "re-authorized." It's a system in place to prevent abuse. Let me know if there are any other questions!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Offline only allows for 3,333 songs to be synced offline at a single time, so is it possible that you're trying to download more songs than that? Take a quick gander at this FAQ page, and if you check everything there to no avail, then you'll want to look here. If that still fails then I would suggest contacting support. All the other instances I've found of this issue are from a while ago, and it all redirects to what I've already suggested too. Note that if you get an automated email from support telling you to come to these forums, go ahead and reply to it, even if it came from a no-reply address. Support should get back to you in about 24-48 hours. Hope this all helps, and if not, let me know, I can do some more digging!

Hi LR...sorry to get back to you so late...I set the mode to offline mode in my main application at home, and I now have all my songs available. One thing...it says I can now enjoy my songs offline for 31 days...but what happens on the 32nd day, lol...do I change to online mode and then back to offline mode? Thanks for all your help!

Marked as solution

Hey cape, no worries. After 31 days the offline device simply needs to be connected to the internet for the songs to be "re-authorized." It's a system in place to prevent abuse. Let me know if there are any other questions!

Suggested posts