Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist don't appear on Macbook Desktop App

Solved!

Playlist don't appear on Macbook Desktop App

Plan

Premium Family Plan

Device

Macbook Air 2017

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I bought a 2017 Macbook Air and installed the Spotify desktop app. None of my playlists, saved albums, recommendations, etc. appear. I assumed my existing profile would be automatically synchronized. What am I doing wrong/should I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @LEX27, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try a clean reinstall of the app? Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest updating to iOS 12.4.1 and macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

God works in wondreous ways. Suddenly, after a week's life without my playlists, they returned. No warning, just there. They are almost human, just as hard to predict what they will do. I now know how hard a life is without playlists. Never realised that. Do I need help?

But thank you for thinking for me. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @LEX27, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try a clean reinstall of the app? Just follow these steps.

I'd also suggest updating to iOS 12.4.1 and macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thank you for the reaction, but it didn’t solve the problem. It’s a brand new computer, less than a week, so I downloaded the app three days ago. And I got the latest version of Mojave. I tried to open Spotify on other computers and the newest iPad, but there are no playlists on my account either. And when I opened the account of my son on my computer, I saw his playlists and I could make a new playlist there, and that is not possible on my account.

Hey @LEX27,

Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Could you try siging in with your sons account on your Mac?

Also, did you try to sign in to his Mac to see if the same issue appears there?

Make sure you're on the right account as well.

Keep me posted.

Marked as solution

God works in wondreous ways. Suddenly, after a week's life without my playlists, they returned. No warning, just there. They are almost human, just as hard to predict what they will do. I now know how hard a life is without playlists. Never realised that. Do I need help?

But thank you for thinking for me. 

Awesome!

Really happy it was finally solved for you!

Party time 😄

Suggested posts