Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Press play and nothing happens

Press play and nothing happens

Hello.

Spotify is working fine on our iPad and iPhone, however it will not work on my MacBook where I work.  It opens fine and appears to be connecting online.  When I press play it freezes in play mode at 0:00 and there is no sound.  I use this for teaching and feel like my business subscription is currently a waste.  It has been like this for a month or two.  Thanks and have a great day!Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 11.44.16 AM.jpg

Plan:  Premium

Device:  MacBook MacOS Mojave version 10.14.6

1 Reply

Hey there @clterhune

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your MacBook? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to test if you observe the same under a different network. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

Bear in mind that Spotify is intended for personal/non-commercial use only and therefore cannot be used to play music in public places. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Suggested posts