Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Public playlists appearing on listening activity.

Public playlists appearing on listening activity.

Hello, I wanted to know that, when I am playing songs from other public playlists is there any way to hide only the playlist name from my listening activity other than opting for a private session? Also, I already added the playlist to my account but made it private.

Thank you.

1 Reply

Hi shash_,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you’re playing music from another user’s public playlist and are sharing your listening activity on Spotify, then even if you’re following the playlist and have made it Secret in Your Library, the playlist name will still appear in the Friend Activity of other Spotify users who follow you when you listen to it.

One way that you can listen to the tracks from another user’s public playlist without sharing the playlist name in your listening activity is by adding the tracks from it into a new, secret playlist of your own. You can do this on the Mac Spotify app by going to the public playlist, pressing [Command + a] to select all the tracks, then right-clicking on any of the highlighted tracks, and selecting “Add to Playlist -> New Playlist.” A new playlist will appear in Your Library containing all the tracks from the other Spotify user’s public playlist; and as long as you have set this new playlist of your own to “Secret,” then when you play tracks from it, your listening activity will include the album names of the tracks rather than a playlist name.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts