Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Remove artists from showing - any new ideas?

Remove artists from showing - any new ideas?

Removing an artist from a feed seems to be a great idea since we are all trying to cultivate our own experience on Spotify. Any new ideas on this? I've got **bleep** showing in my lists when my kids were listening to stuff. Unfortunately, Spotify turned down this concept - I'm guessing it has something to do with advertising?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Block-Hide-Blacklist-tracks-or-artists/idi-p/22389

But, if an artist I can't stand shows in one my my feeds or lists, I'm not going to listen to it anyway. So why put us through the torment? I mean we are the ones paying for the service, right? This could easily be part of the paid service - the freebie listeners can deal with **bleep** pushed into their feed/lists. I'd like a good explanation from Spotify as to why this is not an option beside the fact that it isn't a priority. It is for me.

1 Reply

Frankly, their response to that was simply not good enough.

People are crying out for this in droves. Personally, I keep getting recommendations for artists that someone who stole my account once played daily for hours. They provide literally no way to undo this damage.

"We looked at it, but we're not doing anything" Sure, that is transparent - but it's draconian and user-hostile. For context, in case they've forgotten, the thread they closed on this dates back SIX YEARS.

I, and I'm sure everyone else on this forum, would suggest they think again on this one.

Seriously unimpressed.

Suggested posts