Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rewind 5 seconds keyboard shortcut for MacOS desktop app

Solved!

Rewind 5 seconds keyboard shortcut for MacOS desktop app

Today, I signed up to become a curator over on Musixmatch so that I can contribute lyrics to this app which has brought me so much joy.

For these and other purposes, I'd suggest the option to always show the 'skip back ๐‘ฅ seconds' on the mobile and desktop app. Further more, I think a keyboard shortcut would make my workflow much faster. If we aren't able to get MacOS devs to on board to integrate a native way to tap in, I would likely use Karabiner-Elements.app to remap a Spotify.app specific shortcut to one of my media keys; thus minimizing moment of my hands and maximizing my focus on the task of transcribing.

I can't be the only one wishing there was an easier way.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Totally agree here!  The "skip back 15 seconds" button on Mac is cumbersome, especially when I just missed something on a podcast and only need the last 5 secs...  Instead I need to stop what I'm doing, open Spotify, rewind 10 more seconds than I'd like, and then refocus.  Such a pain.

Spotify, please add the following:

• keyboard shortcut to rewind X amount
    • Example: [alt/option]  +  โ—„โ—„ (F7 media key)  =  "skip back X seconds"
  • make "X" customizable for user (slider from 5 - 30 secs) under Settings

Thank you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Totally agree here!  The "skip back 15 seconds" button on Mac is cumbersome, especially when I just missed something on a podcast and only need the last 5 secs...  Instead I need to stop what I'm doing, open Spotify, rewind 10 more seconds than I'd like, and then refocus.  Such a pain.

Spotify, please add the following:

• keyboard shortcut to rewind X amount
    • Example: [alt/option]  +  โ—„โ—„ (F7 media key)  =  "skip back X seconds"
  • make "X" customizable for user (slider from 5 - 30 secs) under Settings

Thank you!

This is possible, I've discovered. COMMAND + SHIFT + LEFT or RIGHT ARROW

(1). I think for media keys, you need to ask Apple to add OPTION-SHIFT-F7/F9 to rewind/fast forward.

It already works OPT-SHIFT F11/F12 to get baby steps with volume.

Ask here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html

(2). About Spotify App itself, yes, CMD-SHIFT-ARROW works.

BUT it would be very helpful if there were:

a) a slider to define the skip interval (5/10/15/20/30)

b) an effort on the side of Spotify to get Apple to support a system wide media key as described at (1)

I have achieved this functionality, and much more like printing Artist - Track info or link with a free app called Hammerspoon on my Mac. I would highly recommend ๐Ÿ‘

Suggested posts