NEXT STEP

Save album doesn't save songs

Solved!

Save album doesn't save songs

Plan: Premium

Device

Macbook Pro

Operating System: macOS 10.13.3

When I click on SAVE under an album, it doesn't save the songs on the album to my library (see GIF).

spotify_bug.gif

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed @DanifC @radicalwithbike !
I hope you're enjoying the Community so far. 🙂

This is actually the new app design and not a bug. When you click Save on an Album it goes into the Album category on the left sidebar, but doesn't automatically heart all the songs (the Songs section only contains individually Liked songs).
You can check out a recommendation I made here for the quickest way you can solution saving songs or shuffle your entire Library.
You can also read Spotify's response here for the Library's current design.
I hope you find this helpful and have a fantastic day! 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Yes, I would like clarification on this as well - I have to click every song to add it. 

Why did Spotify have to break something that worked fine?!

Hi, I'm fairly sure this is just a bug (I have it on my Mac, too). Hopefully it will be addressed in the next update. 

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed @DanifC @radicalwithbike !
I hope you're enjoying the Community so far. 🙂

This is actually the new app design and not a bug. When you click Save on an Album it goes into the Album category on the left sidebar, but doesn't automatically heart all the songs (the Songs section only contains individually Liked songs).
You can check out a recommendation I made here for the quickest way you can solution saving songs or shuffle your entire Library.
You can also read Spotify's response here for the Library's current design.
I hope you find this helpful and have a fantastic day! 🙂

Hi Bethany,

I knew this was true for mobile, but I guess I thought "Save to Your Library" on desktop would be the same as "Like All Songs" on mobile. Thanks for your help. I hope  Spotify at least adds a like all songs option on desktop. 

Suggested posts